46. John Laurens x Reader: I've Never Been Better

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
46. John Laurens x Reader: I've Never Been Better

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by fairythecherry )

RUNNING late was incredibly frustrating, especially since John Laurens had somewhere important to be

RUNNING late was incredibly frustrating, especially since John Laurens had somewhere important to be. It was the day that he was supposed to be meeting one of his old friends, Elizabeth Schuyler, and he had woken up later then expected. To top it all off, his carriage had broken down, so he had to walk, not to mention that a passing horse and carriage had splashed mud all down the front of his brand new jacket.

"Seriously?" John had said to himself as he stood up after the carriage had gone passed him. "Could my day get any worse?"

It seemed that someone had been listening, so, as he was almost at Eliza's house, a person sent him crashing to the ground, walking away without apologizing.

Groaning, John sat up, cursing under his breath at his bad luck today. "I didn't mean it literally," he muttered, looking up at the sky and glaring at it. "It wasn't a challenge!"

Before he could stand up himself, a shadow loomed over him, blocking out the sun. It was a woman around the same age as him, her (Y/E/C) eyes shining, and her (Y/H/C) hair in a low bun. There was no denying that he found her attractive, but he just didn't admit it aloud.

"Are you alright, sir?" she asked, holding a hand out to help him up, which he gratefully accepted. "You took quite a tumble there."

"I'm alright, miss," John said. "Thank you for helping me. I'm having a very unlucky day. Although, it's gotten better now."

The woman blushed at John's compliment. "Why, thank you..."

When John realized that she had trailed off because she didn't know his name, he quickly said, "John Laurens, ma'am." He bowed, taking her hand and kissing it.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)," she said, curtsying and blushing again at the fact that this handsome stranger had kissed her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Miss. (Y/L—)"

Before he could finish saying her last name, she cut him off, "Please just call me (Y/N), Mr. Laurens."

"Only if you call me John," he responded, a smile — identical to hers — on his lips.

"Okay, John."

He didn't say it out loud, but he loved the way she said his name. Just hearing her say his name for the first time made him feel something he had never felt before — love. And, yes, this was his first time meeting her, but don't you believe in love at first sight? Well, John did, and he was head-over-heels for this beautiful woman standing before him.

John didn't realize that he had zoned out until (Y/N) was waving her hand in front of his face, repeating his name to gain his attention. He jolted back into reality, a light blush appearing on his cheeks as he began to get embarrassed about daydreaming. "Sorry," he said. "Uh... lost in thought."

But despite John's words, (Y/N) still looked worried, a frown on the lips that he suddenly wanted to kiss. "Okay," she said, not convinced. "But are you alright?"

Looking into her eyes, John was completely sure of his answer. "I've never been better."

╔═

╔═.. ═════════════╗

AUTHOR'S NOTE

╚═════════════.. ═╝

Sorry for the long wait and that this is shorter than usual. I had a bit of writer's block, but I'm back and ready to work on the rest of the requests.

Also, thank you for the 100k reads. That number is so large, and I owe it all to you, the readers. If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have even published the amount of oneshots that I have now. So, thank you once again.