20. John Laurens x Peggy Schuyler (Modern Day AU): Tutoring (2)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
20. John Laurens x Peggy Schuyler (Modern Day AU): Tutoring (2)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by kaleaclayton: Quotev )

( JOHN LAURENS )

I never really imagined that I would be tutoring my crush in History, but here I was, about to walk into Margarita Schuyler's house.

To say I was nervous was an understatement — I was terrified. I didn't want to make a mistake, and have her hate me forever.

I rung the doorbell, and waited patiently. A few seconds later, the door opened, and Peggy was stood there, looking beautiful like always. Her knee-length yellow dress was paired with yellow flats, and yellow sunflower earrings. One thing that I've learned about Peggy is that her favorite color is yellow.

"Hi," she said.

"Er... hi." I had forgotten that she was waiting for an answer. I had been too busy staring at her.

She opened the door wider for me. "Come in."

I did as she said, and waited for her to shut the door behind me before following her. She led me up the winding staircase, and into what was obviously her room.

Everything was yellow — the walls, the carpet, you name it, it was all yellow. The only thing that wasn't yellow was the framed photograph of Peggy's older sisters, Angelica and Eliza. Peggy was wearing a yellow dress (no surprise there), Angelica was wearing pink, and Eliza was wearing blue.

"You can sit down," she said, gesturing to her bed.

I did as she had said, and took out the textbook out of my bag while she sat down next to me.

"So... uh... History." I silently cursed myself at my awkwardness.

"Yeah... History," Peggy said just as awkwardly, which made me glad that I wasn't the only one.

I cleared my throat, flipping to a page in the textbook.

"Shall we?"

She nodded. "We shall."

"Thank you for helping me, John," Peggy said as I stood outside of her house on the porch

"Thank you for helping me, John," Peggy said as I stood outside of her house on the porch. "You're a great teacher — much better than Mr. Washington."

"And you're a great student," I replied. "I-I mean... because you listen, and... I'll just stop talking."

She laughed.

"So... same time next week?"

"Do you want to come over tomorrow?" she asked. "But we don't have to do History the whole time. We could just talk."

I smiled. "Like a date?"

"Only if you want it to be," she said with a blush.

"It's a date."

With newfound confidence, I kissed Peggy on the cheek, causing her to blush a deep red.

And that was how I got my first of many dates with Margarita Schuyler.