28. Alexander Hamilton x Daughter!Reader: His Legacy Lives On

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
28. Alexander Hamilton x Daughter!Reader: His Legacy Lives On

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by Zelinah_Writes )

WHEN your younger brother, Philip, was killed by George Eacker in a duel in 1801, you vowed to yourself that if anyone else in your family were to duel, you would do everything in your power to stop them

But here you were, three years later, holding your father's hand as he slowly and painfully died from being fatally wounded by Aaron Burr in a duel.

On July 10, 1804, the night before the duel, you had come to stay with your parents as your first child was due any day now. Your husband was away on business for a while and hadn't wanted you to be alone, just in case the baby came early. You still had a few more days of pregnancy left, but you were extremely excited, and, although you didn't want to admit it out loud, slightly nervous. But, if your mother, Elizabeth Schuyler-Hamilton, had given birth to nine children, couldn't you have one?

Nine children took up a lot of room, and even though the number had decreased to eight, you didn't want to sleep in Philip's room — even after three years, the memory was painful. And so, due to the limited amount of space in their home, you shared a bed with your parents.

You and your mother had woken up in the middle of the night, only to find your father sitting at a table, frantically writing.

"Alexander, come back to sleep," your mother said sleepily as she walked up to him.

"I have an early meeting out of town," he argued, looking up from what he was writing to see the pair of you standing next to where he was sitting.

You frowned and looked outside. "It's still dark outside."

"I know. I just need to write something down."

Eliza put her hands on his shoulders and hugged him from behind. "Why do you write like you're running out of time?"

"Shhh." He grabbed a hold of her hands and started drawing patterns on them lovingly.

"Come back to bed, that would be enough."

He tilted his head up to look at his wife. "I'll be back before you know I'm gone."

"Come back to sleep," you said to him in an attempt to make him stay.

But he just shook his head and said, "This meeting's at dawn."

You sighed. "Well, I'm going back to sleep."