23. Alexander Hamilton x Daughter!Reader: Insults And Comebacks (1)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
23. Alexander Hamilton x Daughter!Reader: Insults And Comebacks (1)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by Music_of-the_Night )

"AND you promise to sit there quietly and not misbehave?" Alexander Hamilton asked his nine-year-old daughter, (Y/N)

"I promise, daddy!"

"Good," he said, reaching out a hand to ruffle (Y/N)'s hair. "See you after the Cabinet, little one."

"Ladies and gentlemen," President George Washington said to the crowd of people who had come to watch the Cabinet Battle, "you could have been anywhere in the world tonight, but you're here with us in New York City

"Ladies and gentlemen," President George Washington said to the crowd of people who had come to watch the Cabinet Battle, "you could have been anywhere in the world tonight, but you're here with us in New York City. Are you ready for a cabinet meeting?

"The issue on the table: Secretary Hamilton's plan to assume state debt, and establish a national bank. Secretary Jefferson, you have the floor, sir."

Jefferson stood up and took the microphone from Washington. "'Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.' We fought for these ideals, we shouldn't settle for less. These are wise words, enterprising men quote 'em. Don't act surprised, you guys, cuz I wrote 'em."

In that moment, (Y/N) knew that she didn't like Thomas Jefferson, and the hate was becoming stronger as he continued.

"But Hamilton forgets, his plan would have the government assume state's debts. Now, place your bets as to who that benefits: the very seat of government where Hamilton sits."

(Y/N)'s father rose up out of his chair, "Not true!" he said into his microphone.

"Ooh, if the shoe fits, wear it. If New York's in debt, why should Virginia bear it? Our debts are paid, I'm afraid. Don't tax the South cuz we got it made in the shade. In Virginia, we plant seeds in the ground. We create. You just wanna move our money around. This financial plan is an outrageous demand, and it's too many damn pages for any man to understand. Stand with me in the land of the free, and pray to God we never see Hamilton's candidacy. Look, when Britain taxed our tea, we got frisky. Imagine what gonna happen when you try to tax our whisky."