14. Alexander Hamilton x Reader (Modern Day AU): Shut Up And Kiss Me.

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
14. Alexander Hamilton x Reader (Modern Day AU): Shut Up And Kiss Me.

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by iggybrows18 )

"YOU'RE so infuriating, Hamilton!"

"Yeah, well, so are you, (Y/L/N)!"

"Me?"

"Yes, you!"

You and Alexander Hamilton were fighting... again. It was all you seemed to do, and this time, it was because you had been forced to work together for a Biology project — him being stubborn, and refusing to come to your dorm forced you to go to his instead.

"What did I ever do to you?" Your eyes were narrowed, your anger not going away.

Alexander was quiet for a few seconds before he said, "I, uh... don't know."

This confused you — Alexander Hamilton always had a reason why he was annoyed with you.

"You don't know?"

"That's what I just said."

You rolled your eyes. "I want to know why you don't know."

He shrugged. "I don't know that either."

For the second time, you rolled your eyes, huffing in annoyance. "Stop being such an idiot."

"Hey!" he complained. "I'm not an idiot!"

"Then why are you acting like one?" You were angry again. "You always act like you're some sort of God, just because you're the smartest person in this school, and you don't care about anything other than yourself. Why won't you tell me why? Why won't you—"

"Because I like you!" he blurted out, instantly making you stop talking. He seemed shocked, and covered his mouth with his hand, eyes wide.

"What?"

He removed his hand from his mouth. "I like you, okay. I hate it when we argue, and I hate it that you hate me."

You sighed, realizing that you had to confess. "I like you, too."

Now it was his time to ask, "What?"

"I like you, too," you repeated. "I only argue with you as an excuse to talk to you. I have no idea how to talk to you like a normal person, so I just... annoy you."

He looked shocked with your confession, but quickly recovered and strode over so that he was inches from your face.

"I don't hate you," you breathed.

He smiled. "I don't hate you, either," he said before closing the gap between you. You immediately kissed back, which made him smile.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and Alexander's best friend and roommate, John Laurens, bounded in screaming, "I SAW A TURTLE! It was so cute, and—" He stopped when he noticed the two of you kissing.

He laughed awkwardly. "I'll just go..." He said as he backed away. "I'll tell you about the turtle later, Alex."

With that, he turned around and ran away, shutting the door behind him.

"So." Alexander smirked, "you think I'm the smartest in the school?"

You rolled your eyes, lightly hitting his arm. "Shut up and kiss me."