22. John Laurens x Reader: Fiancée

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
22. John Laurens x Reader: Fiancée

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by Dragonflight: Quotev )

OKAY, stay calm, John. Breathe in, breathe out.

But John Laurens could not stay calm. He was about to propose to his girlfriend, (Y/N) (Y/L/N), and he wanted it — needed it — to be absolutely perfect.

But what if she says no? What if—?

John's thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

Shoving the ring box into his coat pocket, he rushed to open the door, where (Y/N) was standing there.

"(Y/N)," he breathed when he saw his hopefully-soon-to-be-fiancé.

"Hi, John!" she said happily, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Ready to go?"

"Yup," he said, but when (Y/N) went to turn around, he shouted, "WAIT!"

She turned around with wide eyes. "Uh... okay..."

He needed to do it now, otherwise he would chicken out, and would never ask. "You marry me will? Wait, what?"

She giggled. "John," she said, "use English."

"Right..." He took a deep breath before reaching into his pocket to pull out the box, and getting down on one knee.

(Y/N)'s hands flew to her mouth, and she gave a gasp of surprise, tears swimming in her eyes. "John..."

"(Y/N)," he began. "I love you. Will you marry me?"

She nodded, and John grinned, standing up to slip the ring on her finger.

"I love you, John," (Y/N) whispered as he pulled her into a hug.

"I love you, too, my fiancée."