24. John Laurens x Reader: Captured (2)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
24. John Laurens x Reader: Captured (2)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

IT was John

IT was John. He had come to save you.

"I said, leave her alone."

The man smiled menacingly. "And why should I do that?"

"Because of this..." And then, he lifted his gun and hit him on the head with it, making his eyes roll to the back of his head. He was unconscious.

"John..." you muttered, tears flowing down your face in relief at being rescued.

"(Y/N)." He ran over to you, pulling out a dagger from his pocket and cutting the rope that bound you to the chair.

He helped you stand up, and you collapsed into his arms, sobbing into his chest. "It's okay," he said in an attempt to console you. He ignored the fact that you were getting blood all over him as he held you tight. "You're safe now. I've got you."

After a few minutes, you had stopped crying (now, it was the occasional sniffle), and John held you at arm's length, searching your face. "Are you okay to get out of here?"

You nodded, not having the strength to speak anymore.

John smiled, kissing you on the cheek. "Let's go before he wakes up." He kicked your captor, who was still unconscious on the ground. "I'll send some men to take care of him once we get back to camp."

"Nurse Hamilton will check you over," John told you as you arrived at camp and helped you dismount from his grey mare, Liberty, whom you had helped him to buy

"Nurse Hamilton will check you over," John told you as you arrived at camp and helped you dismount from his grey mare, Liberty, whom you had helped him to buy. "She'll want to dress those wounds."

As he said this, a woman ran over, her apron almost falling off in her rush to get to you.

"Speak of the devil," John muttered.