30. Peggy Schuyler x Alexander Hamilton!Friendship: Peggy Confides In Me (1)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
30. Peggy Schuyler x Alexander Hamilton!Friendship: Peggy Confides In Me (1)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

"KEEP still, Alex!"

"KEEP still, Alex!"

"But you're pulling on my hair!"

"Oh, don't be such a baby."

Alexander Hamilton flinched when Margarita Schuyler's fingers caught on a knot in his hair.

"I told you not to move!" she exclaimed in annoyance. "I'm not even halfway done with this braid, and I started almost ten minutes ago!"

"But it hurts!" he whined for what felt like the one hundredth time. "Can't you be gentler, Peggy?"

Peggy rolled her eyes, but still reluctantly said, "I'll try."

Even though she couldn't see his face, Peggy knew that he was triumphantly smirking. "Thank you."

Silence fell between the two of them as Peggy concentrated on braiding her sister's fiancé's hair. Alexander broke it a few moments later by saying, "John asked about you today."

"Really?" Peggy asked hopefully. Thinking she sounded too excited, she blushed and awkwardly cleared her throat. "Uh, I mean... Really?"

Alexander chuckled. "He asked whether or not you'd be at the wedding."

"Of course I will, Eliza's my sister," Peggy said.

"That's what I told him, and then he asked if you were the Maid of Honor."

Peggy instantly went quiet and Alexander felt her fingers stop braiding his hair.

"Pegs?" he asked, trying not to move his head as he didn't want to ruin the braid that Peggy hadn't finished. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's just... I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not the Maid of Honor," she said. "But it's Angelica. It's always Angelica, the better sister."

"Peg—"

"It's fine," she interrupted him, continuing to braid his hair. "I'm fine."

"I think John just wants to walk out with you since he's the Best Man."

"Why?" she asked sadly. "Wouldn't he want to walk out with Angelica instead? Well, that's what he'll be doing."