50. John Laurens x Reader: Without Him

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
50. John Laurens x Reader: Without Him 

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by johnxlaurens: Quotev )

THE Revolution had been going on for a while now, and, according to Alexander Hamilton, they were so close to defeating the British, or 'Redcoats' as they were also called

THE Revolution had been going on for a while now, and, according to Alexander Hamilton, they were so close to defeating the British, or 'Redcoats' as they were also called. But, in order to help, your husband, John Laurens, was going to be sent to South Carolina in an attempt to end the slavery that was happening there.

Of course, you didn't want him to go as you had only been married for a few days, and now, there was a higher possibility of him dying. You had plans — have kids, raise a family, grow old together, die in each other's arms — that could be ruined by a single bullet. If John died, then what would be left of him? Only memories, which can fade, and you didn't want him to disappear.

"Please don't go," you begged him as he was about to leave, hugging him tightly. "I love you."

"I love you, too," John replied. "But I have to go. We'll never be free until we end slavery."

You nodded, pulling away from the hug to stare into his brown eyes. "Promise me you'll stay safe."

"I'll try, (Y/N)," John said. "But you know I can't promise."

That was almost two weeks ago, and, so far, John had kept himself out of trouble, though you didn't know how long that was going to last. He hadn't had any run-ins with the British, which made you relieved, but John, on the other hand, was annoyed. According to his latest letter, he was waiting for a fight, though you were just glad that he hadn't been killed.

Your friend, Elizabeth Hamilton, had written to George Washington, begging him to send her husband, Alexander, home because she was pregnant and she wanted him alive to meet their child. One morning, three months after John had gone to South Carolina, you found yourself doing the same exact thing. Later that day, though, there was a knock at your door. Expecting it to be George Washington — you had requested him to come and visit you — you were shocked when you saw John's friends, and yours, Marquis de Lafayette (though everyone called him Lafayette), Hercules Mulligan, and, surprisingly, Alexander Hamilton.

The three of them seemed to notice your stomach at the same time as it had obviously grown since the last time they had seen you, and their expressions got even darker than they were before.

"(Y/N)." Hercules was the first you greet you, but he did so gravely.

Confused as to why all three of them looked sad, you said, "Lafayette, Hercules, Alexander. What a surprise. What's wrong?"