21. Marquis De Lafayette x Reader: Marriage (2)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
21. Marquis De Lafayette x Reader: Marriage (2)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by ImNotAskingToBeSaved  )

"HEY, Laf?" you asked your husband one day as you were sitting on the porch, watching your children play together in the garden

His gaze never left his children. "Oui?"

"Do you think you'd ever want more children?"

Lafayette now turned to you, looking straight into your (Y/E/C) eyes. After a few seconds of silence, he finally said, "I do not know."

"You don't know?"

"I wouldn't mind if we had another child, but on the other hand, could we handle it? We already have three girls."

"Well, we're about to find out," you muttered under your breath.

"Pardon?"

"Promise me you won't faint?" You did not want a repeat of all the other times you had told Lafayette were pregnant.

The first time you had been pregnant with your first child, Adélaïde. The next time, you had been expecting twins — something which came as a surprise to you as you were expecting only one — whom you named Adrienne and Anastasie.

"Oui, I promise."

You looked at him nervously. "I'm pregnant."

And with that, Lafayette promptly fainted.

"Mummy?" It was Adélaïde. At twelve years old, she was very smart for her age, knowing how to speak fluent French thanks to Lafayette, who was currently lying unconscious on the ground.

"Grab the smelling salts please, Adélaïde," you told her. "He's fainted again."

As Adélaïde ran inside to get the smelling salts in order to revive Lafayette, you felt a tug on your dress. Looking down, you saw that it was Adrienne and Anastasie, who were both five-years-old.

"Is Daddy sleeping again?" Adrienne asked.

Kneeling down so that you were closer to the girls, you said, "Yes. He's very tired at the moment."

Anastasie giggled. "Silly Daddy."

"Silly Daddy," you repeated as Adélaïde came back.

Now, as Lafayette was sprawled out on the ground, his eldest daughter trying to wake him up, you smiled to yourself, glad that you had married him. He had given you three — soon to be four — beautiful children with him, and you couldn't be happier.

 He had given you three — soon to be four — beautiful children with him, and you couldn't be happier

╔═.. ═════════════╗

AUTHOR'S NOTE

╚═════════════.. ═╝

(Y/E/C) = Your Eye Color