❝ to be ❝

❝if you have nowhere to go, then where are you going to stay? ❝

if you have nowhere to go, then where are you going to stay?

i read once again through her sticky note and despite it being a little weird, i continued to converse with her as she write the things she wanted to say.

"i don't know, maybe here?" i chuckled, our eyes meeting.

i feel comfortable with her. i've never like this again but with her, i can talk freely and smile comfortably, why?

i eventually opened up with a person i just barely knew, really kook nice move. what if she was from your school worse, a sasaeng fan? the thought made me cringe a bit but, she doesn't seem harmful. i think she can't even break a cup.

she was in a daze for a moment as i noticed that she was staring into the sea for quite long. i want to break this awkward moment.

"i'm jungkook by the way,"

i spoke as i extended my hand for her to shake, the action made her look at me and lose her trance.

weirdly, she shook my hand but she didn't wrote her name as a reply. being impatient, i asked her name by myself.

"what's yours?"

she looked at me and her eyes widened as she locked her gaze at me. i was a bit taken aback, have i crossed the line?

"i – i'm sorry,"

her eyes softened and her gaze went down as she shook her head. soon, she began writing once again.

i don't have a name,

i was beyond shock of what i've read. like, how, why, what and when. how could this possibly happen? she must've noticed my reaction as she poke my arm very lightly once again.

sorry.

she handed me a paper once again and i can't help but feel sorry for her.

"no.. you see.. i—"

i couldn't find the right words to say, if my situation is worse than hers was way out of my league.

"then, if you don't mind me asking, a—are you perhaps an orphan?"

she looked at me once again, our eyes meeting and this time i know for sure that her eyes were a bit glossy, seeming like she wanted to cry.

more like, abandoned.

she wrote and if my heart could be broken into pieces, i guess it would have long been shattered.

i always wanted to know the secret of how carefree you were . . . but now that i know that behind the calming aura you carry, a painful past is something you've always been running off to—a past darker than mine.