❝ why ❝

i stumbled on the door as i hurriedly made my way on aoi's, no our house

i stumbled on the door as i hurriedly made my way on aoi's, no our house. aoi was caught off guard because i came home early and she must've felt that something was up with me. as soon as i entered the house, i felt her presence beside me.

my knees wobbled as i made my way closer to her, i wanted to feel her against my skin. she was the oxygen that i needed to breathe in order to live. i held her hand and when our eyes crossed paths— i couldn't stop the tears that begged to break free from falling. "k—kookie?!" she chimed, clearly confused to my actions.

my knees betrayed me as i find myself meet the hard ground."kookie!" she screamed now, as she made her way and crouched down to aid the helpless me.

"kook—" as soon as she was already near me, i held her close in my arms and embraced her—tight. i was so afraid, afraid that i would know the painful truth or that she would lie to my face. i'm terrified to know the truth and i don't know if i'll be able to handle it.

please let it be not true.

"kookie, what happened?" she asked and i could feel her breaking, her voice was almost as scared as me.

"d–did you got hurt a–again?" i felt her tears soaking my shirt. shit, baby. don't cry.

i broke from the embrace as i slowly met her face and cupped her cheeks in my hands. i knew it, she was crying too—we're a crying mess.

"no. please, tell me you didn—" i shut her up as i placed a finger on her lips.

"no. i was not." i sighed and the moment i said those words, her eyes became even glassier and her hands met mine's. she sobbed a little louder than before. baby, stop it.

"thank god." she trailed as she sobbed. she was a mess and she was bawling like a baby as her hands continuously wiped the tears from her eyes. "you weren't hurt. you were alright.thank god."

i watched her and it pained my heart to think that somebody will even dare accuse this fragile girl that she killed her mother.

i wanted her to stop for it was already unbearable to look at. my hands wiped the tears that continuously flowed on my eyes, soon they inched closer and closer to her face too. my hands met her cheeks and i didn't know what was going with me. . i wanted her close—i wanted her beside me and my face unconsciously leaned closer and closer to hers, my eyes fixated on her lips. until—

my lips touched hers.

i kissed her tenderly and even if i knew that by this action—she could slip away, i felt that it was so damn right. touching her and loving her is right, she deserves more love and i am fucking willing to shower her with it. her lips that was as soft as the cotton candy and i couldn't get enough of it.

i love this girl more than anyone else.

i pulled away and our eyes met, her face was tinted with the pink hue and i can't help but find it adorable. i could not speak and was tongue tied. i have so many things to say, to ask and to know. countless of emotions rummaged my mind and they were too much for me. i wiped my tears away and set my mind straight.

i held her hand and caressed her cheeks as my fingers wiped her dried tears. it's time to know the truth. "tell me. please, it's not true aoi."

"what is?" she asked a little dazed.

"are you a murderer?" her eyes widened as her body started to tremble.

"t–they told you?"

"aoi l—"

"are—are you going to leave me?"

"just fucking tell me." i snapped.

her eyes became soaked once again. "i am not! believe me. i didn't kill anyone. i love my mother, she was my only family, i—i won't kill anyone."

"then, you were only framed up?"

"i. . . i don't really know."

"what do you mean, you don't know?!"

"i didn't kill my mother for fuck's sake! she was my only family and i love her more than anyone else in this world. do you even know how it feels like to woke up and found yourself bathing with your own mother's blood? she was—" she snapped as her voice eventually broke, unable to take it anymore.

"i wouldn't kill anyone. i can't possibly do something like that even how much someone hurt me." she paused as her head hung low. "i understand if you wo—"

"stop baby. . i believe you."

her head shot up and our eyes met. "y–you do?!"

"i do and we got to clean your name."

"h—how."

"we will find out."

"b—but"

"you need to go with me to school to find the truth."

i would do anything for you, anything for the girl i love.