❝ very close ❝

evening

evening. on my way home, i would always take the longer route. not because i want to go somewhere else to drink or smoke but because i want to give myself space.

i wanted space – a place to stay away from all of these, these suffocating people who only want my body.

sorry to break it but, i ain't smoking and that ain't going to happen. i am a rebel and a conflicted teen but, smoking is a no - no in my vocabulary. i just need to think of a way out.

my feet would always lead me to the usual spot i sit unto every morning where I watch the sunset and there i would also see her – the masked girl.

the masked girl, she would always make me wonder why she's hiding that face. i really want to even have a single glimpse of her, i bet she would look . . well, um, how do i say this? breathtaking? beautiful?

god, i'm not really good at these, why am i even fantasizing about her? she wouldn't want me, i'm bad. she's too good for me.

why do I even fancy her? do I have the right to?

she was dozing off as the calming waves were the only ones that could be heard in the area. i'm jealous of her. cupping my cheeks, even if I was supposed to watch the sunset, here I am, eyes focused on her and the possibility of being caught would be so embarrassing.

if only i could be carefree as she is.

if only i could have a simple life as hers.

sometimes, it makes me wonder. what if, this world in front of me is just a nightmare,

And the true world lies behind when i woke up?

"shit!"

a curse unconsciously escaped my lips as my cheeks burned red and my body immediately flinched, our eyes locked for a moment and i couldn't help but get flustered. dear unicorns, I had to do what I only think was something that could save my sorry ass – my eyes immediately looked away as i pretended that nothing happened and I tried to fix my gaze on the sunset.

shit! shit! shit!

i got caught.

i got caught and weird enough . . i tried to hide the creeping smile from my lips and unfortunately I couldn't seem contain it.

i guess this day turned out to be a good one, at least.