❝ and be seen ❝

"aoi"

i uttered and i would find her eyes trail on my direction, her cheeks will burn a bit of the pink hue but then she'll quickly look away from me.

"aoi~"

i mumbled once more but now in a teasing manner, her eyes didn't land on me but i noticed her flinch, the pink hue being replaced with a burning red color on her cheeks. "aoi?" she flinched once more and instead of looking at me, she stared at the floor as if it was more interesting than me, all while playing with her fingers.

cute.

"aoi~"

i've been calling her the name i gave her ever since we came from the sea side. i don't exactly know why i still do but, her reactions are a bit refreshing and it's really really quite adorable like damn. i want to engulf her in this bone crushing hug – but i know that's just an impossible, wishful thinking.

i am currently working on my homework, but being the jerk—that i am, i decided to stop for a while and tease the girl who just had a name of her own. even with the mask on, i can still feel how happy she is. finally, i was able to do something good.

right after i gave her the name i decided to call her, she cried nonstop until her eyes became bloodshot and the only time she calmed down was just a few minutes ago. i can't help but tease this kitten.

"aoi~" i repeated and she shied away once more.

i chuckled, resting my elbows on the table i cupped my cheeks and locked gazes with the masked girl "you gotta get used to the name you know.."

she looks at me and nods as an answer. really, this girl. how can you be so adorable even with that mask on?

i stood up from the chair on the dining area and sat beside her on the living room. our eyes locked for a moment and i felt really really weird inside my heart. i didn't know what came into me but my hands cupped her cheeks— i didn't knew why or what i was doing.

her eyes slowly widened in shock as none of us would break the eye contact.