❝ love you ❝

can i ever do this? how can i let it happen?

"you are now aoi mikasa miss" 

"thank you so much!" she beamed as she held the documents from the clerk before running off in my arms.

"i'm aoi now, kookie!" she chimed in my arms and i can't help but smile.

i cupped her cheeks and linked our heads, "yes you are, my baby" and stole a subtle kiss on her lips.

our lips parted and our eyes locked once again. i love this girl so much and i won't ever want to have any other woman in my life.

"kookie, you're really touchy today."

i blushed clearly embarrassed , "c—can't i?" she chuckled and she pinched my nose, "of course you can, dummy."

i really got to take her now before it's too late and i run out of chances to say it. "aoi. can we take a stroll first before we go home?" she hummed but nonetheless nodded.

i hid my other hand inside my pocket as i gripped the box that held the most important thing that would be the sign of my love for her in the future.

"where are we going?" aoi asked, she broke my trance as we walk hand in hand in the busy street. the sun was already down and yet i feel sweat forming in me. i'm nervous as heck, i don't know if she can feel my palm getting sticky but heck, i've got to do this now before the scaredy cat in me get the best of this boy.

can i really do this?

"ummm. to be honest i don't know, i just wanted to be with you for a long time." i chimed and she momentarily stopped walking as her eyes landed on the ground.

"hmmm? wha—"

our eyes met and i saw how her cheeks gradually changed its color into a hot pink. "that's the next sweetest thing i've ever heard from you, next from the words i love you"

it was now my turn to get flustered and become a stuttering mess as the cheeks of this boy betrayed him, "r—really? i—i was just saying what's on my mind"

she smiled sweetly that it almost made my eyes blind, "i know, that's why i love you"

a smiled graced its way on my lips as i felt my heart swell inside, "i love you too aoi" i pulled her closer to me and sling an arm on her shoulder as we continued to walk.

i wish everyday would be as happy like a fairy tale, like most of the cliché love stories, i would be the prince and she was the princess destined to me and we would live happily ever after like dreams.

i know that we're still young and we have a long way to go in our relationship but, i think she's the only one i will want as the woman that would bear the name jeon. aoi is the only woman i would want to spend eternity with, i wouldn't need any girl to enter my life rather than her.

"jungkook, if you have nowhere to go in your mind then why won't we go to the beach?"

good idea, the beach has always been a memorable place for the both of us, might as well do it there. "hmmm. okay, but can you wait here for a while?"

"sure, but where are you going?"

"yanow, foods and stuff" i excused but partly lied.

"okay. i'll wait here, kookie" she spoke as we saw a bench that wasn't occupied and i made her sit on it.

"what would you want?" i asked and she grinned knowingly, "cookies"

i chuckled as my cheeks can't help but flush into pink "ayeee. is it really a real cookie or you just want this kookie in front of you?"

she blinked a few times and her mouth dropped low before a smirk spread across her face, "can i have both?"

i giggled, "ayeee, i like that baby"

"of course you do, jeon." she teased. "but really, what does my baby want?"

"i really want cookies, kookie." i chuckled. "really?"

"yeah," she nodded and i kissed her forehead. "okay then, i'll come back here."

aoi nodded as she pulled me closer and touched my lips with hers. "stay safe honey"

i grinned, "i will and you should too, love" i nodded as i thought lightly of her safety. i thought that we would be able to meet again and that i would have the chance to say i love you again a countless of times and that a countless of kisses would be shared.

i was a fool to leave her alone, i was a fool to think that she would be safe.

if only i hadn't left her. if only i wasn't scared. if only we stayed together and i brought her with me when i bought the food. if only we stuck together like paper and glue in that day.

if only i confessed my feelings and the things i wanted to say to her then . . maybe, just maybe. .

she would still be by my side up until now.

"jungkook-shi, do you have any regrets in your life as of the moment?" the mc asked me and it hit a nerve inside this brokenhearted boy.

"—hmmm" i muttered and pretended to think, i saw the boy's eyes knowingly glancing at me as if saying that i should keep my composure and act naturaly.

my face morphed into my trademark smile that i used to wear before we part ways. "none at all." ̶i̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e.̶ i choked out as a tear left my eyes only enough to be mistaken as sweat.

i regret everything that night. i regret not proposing to you when i had the chance. i regret letting you go and vanish right in front of me. it's been five years and i still feel the same way as i did when we were young.

your name was both a curse and the most beautiful word i've ever known.