❝ and ever ❝

i wanted to propose to aoi and give the one true sign that could assure her of my promise, to make aoi my wife—a ring

i should have really brought my future wife with me when i bought those stuff. i was so naive to think that nothing could go wrong. i was a fool to think that just because areum was out of the picture nothing could ever harm my baby.

but i was so wrong, so so wrong.

i planned everything to go smoothly as possible. i was already on my way back to her when everything went downhill.

the streetlights were green and people on the pedestrian lanes were patiently waiting on each sides. i was one of the people who were about to cross the lane and on the other side, my soon to be wife and i's eyes were locked on one another.

"i missed you!" she mouthed on the other side as she was seated on the bench waving at me.

i chuckled and scratched the back of my neck before winking at her and blew a kiss which she acted like she caught it.

i buried one hand inside my pocket and played with the box that contained the ring. i was so excited that i thought it would be better if i said my feelings out in the open and propose straight away.

the lights turned red and the cars stopped, signaling that the people on the pedestrian lane can pass. our eyes were locked on another and she was the only one that mattered. we were so caught up with each other that i never saw it coming.

i was in a daydream.

i never saw it coming.

i was just one step away from her, when her face morphed into a horrified look and she looked so scared. aoi started sprinting towards me and i thought she was just so excited but,

"jungkook! look out!" she screamed and i was too late to notice the all too familiar scarlet car on my peripheral vision.

the scarlet car that areum always drove on the way to school.

"die, you dickhead!"

in a split moment so many things happened and it escalated quite quick, leaving me clueless when everything was done.

"jungkook!"

aoi pushed me to safety while she let herself get hit and run by the running havoc car that areum herself was driving.

"aoi!!" a piercing cry escaped on my mouth as i saw the girl i dreamed of having a family with just a few seconds ago, right through my eyes i saw her bathing with her own blood.

the box slipped out of my hand as the same way she slipped out of my life.

just remembering it were enough to make me feel so weak and vulnerable. i found love at such a young age and it had to end so quickly. i hugged both of my knees close as i recalled everything. i buried my head on my knees as i trembled so hard and every little piece of the memory was as still fresh as it had first wounded me.