Chapter 7

"Amy is everything alright? Can I get you anything?" Lucas maid Greta asked me for the millionth time.

"I'm fine Greta, thank you" I smiled at her.

So Lucas had decided to be a bit more humane to me. The room that I was in now had in a vanity table, dresser, wardrobe with mirror and even the bathroom had a mirror now. I guess he trust me not to try attempt suicide again so the room now felt like a room for a living person. I was allowed to leave my room and wonder around the apartment as well. It was more like a penthouse from what I've seen. The catch to all this freedom though, was that I couldn't leave. The doors had security locks which a code was needed for, which I of course don't have. And there was also security camera installed about the place, so my guess is Lucas or someone else was monitoring my every move.

"If you need anything you let me know alright?" She said to me, which gave me an idea.

"Greta? I actually need a favor" I said to her. "You know how I've been here for a month now and I was down being all drugged up and out of it? I haven't gotten much chance to go for a run or something. Could you give me the codes for the door?"

"Mr.Ackles would've had my head. I'm not supposed to give it to you. According to him you're not supposed to leave " the lady responded.

Just freaking great. Anyway nothing tried, nothing done.

"Of course not" I sighed defeated. "I just want to go see my mom"

"Maybe you should ask Lucas to take you one day, I'm sure he would. Or even had one of the guys take you if he's busy" Greta replied.

"He's not" I shake my head. "The guy forbids me to see the outside world. Haven't you noticed? I'm his personal prisoner".

"He isn't that bad you know" Greta tried telling me. "He may seem all harsh and scary but he isn't exactly all bad. Most of his tough act is just a facade, and for work. You should try talking to him, maybe he'll hear you out".

"Its nice of you having such strong faith and belief in your boss" I said to her, before deciding to ask a question that's been on my mind for a while now. "What exactly does Lucas do for work?"

"He's into business management. He runs a couple businesses and partner in some larger ones like in the hotel and restaurant area" Greta told me.

"So he's a businessman?" I said in surprised. I never really knew what Lucas does but I've always assumed it was something illegal, seeing what happened with Alfredo and the whole drugs thing. "Is that the only thing he does?"

"What do you mean?* Greta asked.

"Uh...never mind. Its nothing" I shake my head. "Greta, I know this is a weird request but if you don't mind could I help you around the place... I mean its so hard just sitting here not doing anything.... Please don't object, I need to keep myself occupied or I might go crazy".

"I'm not sure Lucas is going to like this... But... Alright" she finally caved.

"Thank you, I'm going crazy not doing anything" I said as I followed her to the kitchen. "So what should I do?"

***
Lucas POV

Gio and Lexi had gotten back from their honeymoon this morning. Apparently, they had decided to stay a bit longer hence I had to be in charge of Gio's business affairs and the family for almost a month now. I always loved responsibilities but I couldn't say I wasn't glad that they were now back. This means that Gio could take back over handling his business and I'll just stick to my job as right hand man.