Chapter 49

Lucas's POV

Something was bothering Amy and I knew it. She was acting really strange lately. Especially whenever I was around, she would be so jumpy. And not to mention the fact that she was no longer being the flirty woman she had become a few months ago.

Somehow we had came to an unspoken establishment of sleeping together in each other's bed. We started doing that fir a while, but a few days ago, it was like she was scared of me again or something. First, she had locked herself in her room which I hadn't thought much about then. Then I realized that she was actually trying to avoid me. I tried touching her a few days ago and she all but freaked out, then made up an excuse saying she had to go to her mom. I had picked up on her sudden weird behavior of late and I was wondering if it had anything to do with Seagal. I heard about the incident the other night at Inferno with Marvin Seagal showing up there and manhandling her. Knowing about her past and her history with him, I figured he was someone who would always be a bad memory to her but as long as he stayed away, everything would be okay.

Apparently, Seagal was a very pushy man and decided he wanted to push things with her. He and I had always not been on good terms as a result of business- with is failing slowly and me gaining most of his former business clients. Therefore, he would always try everything to get back at me. So knowing that Amy and I had a connection, it was without a doubt that he would try to mess with her. Seagal had absolutely no idea of the things I was capable of. We already hated each other, then I found out that he was a dirty old man who had been a customer at Alfredo's. I also learnt about his abusiveness towards Amy and that made my hatred for him worst. But for him to go and pull the stunt he did with her again at the club, that made things ten times more unfortunate for him. I would just have to send him another form of warning.

Amy didn't want me to hear about what happened and I knew it was probably because she was scared of my reaction and what I would do once I found out. I hadn't made her aware of the fact that I knew. I had wanted to be able to keep track of her for safety and concerned reason but I hadn't gotten a chance to do so until recently. I noticed that her phone was a old model and so I bought her a new one and had it bugged. I had also bought her a necklace and had a tracking device installed. I knew if I had given her a gift like this sooner and told her never to take it off, it would raise some red flags. However, since things changed a bit between us and we had gotten closer, I knew she wouldn't have much of an issue with it now.

It wasn't that I didn't trust her. As hard as it was, I had actually started trusting Amy and hoped that she wouldn't betray my trust but I had to ensure that she was safe especially being with me and my feelings for her.
I even allowed her to keep the keys to one of my cars so she could use it to go wherever she wanted but I'd still be able to keep track of her.

At first I hadn't expected to have feelings for her. Especially considering what she was in the past but getting to know her and knowing that the only reason she had such a past was because she was sold and forced into such life, somehow things started changing. I started developing feelings for her and with time, those feelings had intensified and I knew that I would kill for her within a heartbeat. I may not have admit it out loud but this girl was mine and that was how it was going to stay as long as I was around. I often feared that bringing her further in my world might have put her at risk from time to time, that was why I hadn't made a move to take things further and make it more public that Amy was mine. I feared that the enemy always try to prey on your weaknesses, and most times the weakness is that person who is most special to you.

She had been through a lot in her years and she deserved someone who would be willing to protect her and make her feel special. I took it upon myself to be that guy. Most importantly, I think we both understood each other, that was why I could tell that something had changed a few days ago.