Chapter 42

"Just about one more month and we'll be out of here." Katie sighed dreamily. "I can almost start tasting the freedom already."

"You know it sister." Nora responded.

"Guys, I can hardly wait. Then we'll be able to hang out again and do normal girls' stuff." I said to them.

"Yeah, like getting a job first, then go shopping and getting my nails and hair done. I seriously need a haircut now." Nora complained.

"The both of your hair are longer than I'm used to seeing you guys with." I agreed. "Especially Katie's."

"Yeah and you know I don't really like all this long hair." Katie replied touching her hair that was up in a messy bun. "But wait, Lucas is allowing you to be free once again now?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." I nodded with a smile. "I don't know, things just seemed to change recently. I'm being treated like a normal person now and is allowed certain levels of freedom- I like this stage now "

"Wow that's great." Nora smiled. "I guess someone must've finally removed that stick he seemed to have had up his ass before huh?"

"Or he's getting laid now." Katie added.

"Why do you think it have to be something sexual that is causing him to loosen up now? Maybe he just feels like not acting all ruthless or heartless anymore." I defended.

"No, I don't think so. You live with the guy Amy, I think you know him better than that by now. Look, I've also met the guy and believe me, I think he is in fact ruthless. I don't think it's just an act." Katie responded. "So if he's allowing you this much freedom that you've been able to visit us twice in just one week, then I have to say he must be in a super good mood. Which brings me back to the theory that he wasn't getting laid before which caused him to be so grumpy and frustrated but now he just started getting some."

"Yeah, that or Amy's sleeping with him and got him wrapped around her little finger." Nora joked.

When I didn't object or deny it but instead gave them a sheepish look as I bite my lip, both of their eyes were wide with surprise.

"Omg, you did. Didn't you?" Nora said amused.

"So that's how you got him to allow you out. You've been giving him all the sugar. No wonder he's returning sweet favours." Katie chuckled. "Way to go Ames. Girl, I underestimated you."

"Guys stop." I whined in an embarrassed voice. "It's not like that at all."

"Then what is it like then? Are you saying you aren't sleeping with him?" Katie asked me.

"Yes, I mean no. I have slept with him but it was just one time." I confessed. "But I don't think that's the reason at all. Maybe he's just started seeing that I can be trusted. And when you think about it Lucas isn't that bad you know?"

"Of course he can't be that bad if he has you defending him now." Nora said chuckling. "And I don't doubt it, with a body like his-he must be good."

"Truth to that." Katie agreed laughing as she and Nora high fived.

"You two are the worst." I groaned. "I can't believe we're friends."

"You know you love us." Katie laughed.

"This is serious guys, get your minds out of the gutter. Lucas isn't that bad unless he is provoked or you get on his bad side." I told them. "And that's exactly what I've been trying not to do. I've been staying on his good side."

"No doubt about that." Nora chuckled.

"Alright, I give up explaining things to you two without you making everything sexual." I said folding my arms under my breasts.