Chapter 28

Amy's POV

The days following Lucas giving me his card- to out and buy things for the business event he wants me to attend with him- was pretty much uneventful. It was just the same as every other day since I've been stuck here, not much or anything new has happened. I stayed home as usual and helped Greta with whatever she'd allow me to. The only difference was that Lucas hasn't been here in a few days, I believe Greta said he's gone on business but he'll be back by Saturday for the event.

Mom and I also continued to be in touch and she had informed me that they had schedule a date for her nonsurgical heart procedure, it will be tomorrow actually. I was really hoping I could be there with her but since I couldn't I am hoping that this procedure might be successful and mom could get back on her feet and out that nursing home. We still haven't figured out who had paid the medical fee but we are really thankful for it.

I also couldn't stop wondering about Katie and Nora. I had done a little digging to find out which rehab there were in and when I called the center I found out that they were not allowed any outside interaction except for family. In my mind I kept thinking 'Lucas isn't here now, I don't know if he has anyone keeping an eye on me but what if I just ran out for a couple minutes a day since he isn't exactly here to stop me?' But then another thought came to me 'what if I sneak out and he indeed has someone keeping an eye on me or he shows up and find me gone and decide to get rid of me permanently?'. I absolutely don't want any trouble to I think it is best to follow his warnings and stay put. The last time I ignored a warning from him, I ended up witnessing my boyfriend being killed and almost got myself kidnapped or worst as a result. I needed Lucas to start trusting me enough to let me go and trying to sneak out isn't going to help my case.

Being bored with nothing to do can make you come up with some crazy thoughts or want to do crazy things. I was currently looking at myself in the mirror -particularly my hair - and I was thinking I never really did anything much different with it. It was mostly always in its natural brown color except for getting a few highlights at times, I mostly kept my hair the same way. I was starting to feel like I should do something different with it, or even trying a different color. I dont think I want to do the typical 'brunette to blonde' like most dark haired person would. I was thinking of doing something more, something that I'd never would do, something bold. I think I'd look nice with rainbow or purple hair or even blue. It official, I'm going to dye my hair in one if those colors but only after the event with Lucas on Saturday. I wouldn't want to do it and then be the center of attention when we go there and I'm pretty sure Lucas would not want me going with him with rainbow colored hair or purple hair, I know he'd rather have me shave my head. But I was going to dye my hair the minute we come back from that event. If he wanted me to accompany him anywhere else after and he doesn't approved of my new hair, he'd better buy me a wig or get over it.

~|~

So today was the day mom was doing her angioplasty, we've talked this morning before she apparently had the appointment time. I was so nervous about it,  even though it wasn't exactly a surgical procedure where they'd have to cut her open which could be more risky, I was still fearful and nervous for her. That's her heart we're talking about here, I still have doubts about certain things and even more, I know I should always try to think positive but I couldn't help it all I kept thinking was that 'what if this procedure doesn't help her heart issue in anyway?' I hate that there were negative thoughts swirling around my head that I couldn't quite control, I was just hoping for the best.

Thinking about my mom and that she was the only family I know, I couldn't help but wonder about her own family back in the Caribbean. I was wondering about my grandparents; were they
still alive? And what about my uncle she told me about, Marten he is probably still alive. Did he have children? What if someday I found someone and get married only to discover that he was a long last cousin or some other relative? I felt bad for mom, she sacrifice a lot just because of me, including her relationship with her family. Mom developed a heart problem, what if this procedure she's doing along with being reunited with her family could help to heal her somehow. They always said that being close to people you love can mend a broken heart, mom's heart isn't exactly broken but what if somehow being reunited with family could help her to not have so much worry abs and be more healthy? Mom never talked about her family until I asked her some month ago, but I'm sure she must be thinking about them. In that moment an idea came to me, I know its probably a long shot but I think I want to try.