Chapter 24

This was really torture. Would you believe that its been two weeks now since Lucas had me confined to his apartment not allowed to leave? I wanted to go see my mother but all I was allowed to do was called, I couldn't leave. They had even took Nora and Katie and booked them in a rehabilitation center. My stuff from the apartment was also brought here so basically I was living here at Lucas's.

I tried reasoning with him telling him I have to go to work but I couldn't get through to him. So I'm now jobless and stuck here. I'm seriously going to go crazy if I have to stay here much longer. How was I supposed to get my mom the medical procedure she needs to fix her heart issue, if I'm not working? I need to get this through to Lucas someway. He was not here yet but I was going to wait up for him to get home tonight because I had to get him to understand, or at least I have to try. I just don't get it why he has to have to confined to this place, locked away from the outside world. What does he think? That I'm just going to run around telling everyone I see about them? I told my mom about them but that doesn't count she's my mom- I tell my mom everything.

I had refused to go to bed until Lucas gets home. It was now 9:47pm and he still hasn't showed up but I was going to be waiting up for him to get home even if that means I'll be up until tomorrow this same time. Greta had been here with me throughout the day and earlier but she said she was tired and left so I was now here sitting in the couch with the TV on.  There was some sci-fi movie going on TV but I honestly wasn't paying attention to what was it was about, I was a bit caught up in reminiscing and rereading some old text messages that Matthew had sent me. I wanted to delete them hence, I was reading them again for one last time before finally saying goodbye to them and him for good.

I was starting to get used to the fact that Matthew was gone and although it hurts, no amount of crying I do is ever going to bring him back. It hasn't been long since everything happened but I know I have to try to be strong and get over it. I had started to eat a little once again and even though the nightmares were still there from time to time, they weren't as bad as they were before.
I had started deleting the messages when Lucas came home. I was a bit frightened at first because I was so caught up with the phone that I hadn't realized the door was being opened.

"Lucas" I said in surprise as I stood up quickly facing him. "Hey, I was waiting up for you"

"You were?" Lucas said raising a brow as he took off his jacket. "And why would that be?"

"Well, I've been wanting to talk to you..."

"That makes both if us" Lucas said cutting me off. "You should be ready by ten in the morning?"

"Huh? Why? Are we going somewhere?" I asked surprised.

"You are" Lucas replied loosening his tie. "The boss thinks you deserve a day out so tomorrow Lexi is going to be picking you up"

"Lexi?" I asked confused.

"Gio's wife" Lucas responded.

"Uh Mrs. Cavelli?" I asked though I already knew the answer.

"That's the one" Lucas responded. "She's going to be out with you tomorrow and after you are finished with whatever it is she has planned for the both of you, she's going to bring you straight back here".

"Oh, okay" I nodded with a small smile.

I may not be able to go out and do what I want or my own thing but getting an opportunity just to leave this place if its even for a few hours- I'm thankful for it.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Lucas asked.

"Oh, I uh... I wanted to ask you if I could maybe be allowed to leave...you know... get back to working" I said unsurely.