Chapter 31

"How do you know Seagal? Lucas asked causing me to freeze.

"I don't" I said trying to cover up my surprise. I guess I should have expected this question.

"Don't lie to me Amy. I hate liars" Lucas said seriously. "I'm going to ask you again. How do you know Marvin Seagal?"

"I-I... He uhm... I met him while I was still at Alfredo's" I confessed. "He was a frequent patron there at one point"

"What happened between you and him?" Lucas asked.

"Nothing" I replied looking down.

"Amy, I'm starting to lose my patience. I told you already I don't like liars so I suggest you answer me honestly when I asked you something" Lucas said to me.

"Alfredo had sent me to entertained him once" I said not looking at him "I didn't have a choice, and it wasn't only to perform for him...there was more... He wasn't a very patient guy and he was...he was abusive...physically".

"So that means he's familiar with you? Is that why you were holding unto me because you were scared he'd recognized you and try something?" Lucas asked in an angry tone.

"No! And I don't think he'd recognize me now. Back then we were usually always required to wore masks for the men we entertained" I told him honestly. "That night when you were there, was the first night I wasn't allowed to wear one... Alfredo was scared you wouldn't go for a mask girl. Seeing Marvin there tonight just brought back bad memories"

"So basically during your time at Alfredo, he wasn't the only one that would put his hands on the girls there?" Lucas asked.

"No. Some of the men that visited there would...." I trailed off.

"Seagal is a pig. And a sloppy business man who spends most of his money paying for women. That's the only way he'd ever get a woman to willingly sleep with him" Lucas scoffed. "He'll get what's coming to him soon enough"

I was feeling embarrassed by the information I had just disclosed to Lucas. He already knows about me and my past but it doesn't make it any better or different that each time I had to relay any other information or talked about my time at Alfredo, it caused me to feel cheap amd embarrassed all over again.

"Is that all you want to know?" I asked hugging my arms. "Can I go to my room now?"

"There's actually one more thing I'd like to discuss with you before you go" Lucas said to me.

"Okay...what is it?" I asked him.

"Its about that job I'm offering you..."

"You're actually going to offer me a job?" I asked in surprised cutting him off.

"Don't interrupt me while I'm talking, or I'll just change my mind" Lucas said to me.

"I'm sorry" I apologized.

"You're going to be one of the waitress at one of the club" Lucas said to me "The catch is, thus club is exclusively for members of the family and their VIPs. You don't try anything there because I'll be able to see and know everything.

Know your place and never disrespect any of the guys there. Only deliver to where you're being sent or requested and never interrupt any of the guys there when you see like they are in a meeting or discussion. Gio and I are also there most of the times so I'll be keeping my eyes on you. You'll be starting Monday evening and anything else you need to know I'll inform you about. Don't worry about the transportation to and from, that will be sorted as well"

"Oh uhm... Thank you" I said to him unsure of what else to say.

He had considered my request for a job and offered me one and I was thankful for that but did he really have to put me in the heart of the mafia. I'd be working in a club that was mostly occupied by members of the Cavelli mafia? Would I be able to handle that?