Chapter 32

Lucas's POV

Watching Amy talked  about her newly found family, I could tell she was beyond excited about this. One could only imagine what it meant for a girl to finally getting a chance to be united with family she has never met before. I had done a little digging on Amy's background when we had our very first encounter when she was a drug addict, there wasn't much information about her except the ones which informed of her mother who was sick and in a nursing home,her druggie stepfather who died almost a year now and past schools. I never requested a further background check which would point out further about where her family came from, I had simple assumed other family and relatives were dead or unknown-that was usually the case with drug addicts. Amy telling me all of this was actually new information.

So her family were flying out here today and I had to get involved with preparation of things so that things could still be under control. Amy apparently mentioned that there were fine hotels here where her family could stay for the time being and that she'd get a taxi to meet them at the airport. Usually I would be pissed that she thinks she has free range to make such decisions but I had already decided I was going to ease up on her a bit. I already offered her a job which I was wondering if that's a good idea even though she'd be under my watch and I already told her she was allowed to go out and visit her mother at the nursing home whenever she wants. If I decided to change my mind now and put her back on lockdown and house arrest, keeping her from uniting with her family-knowing how fragile and sensitive women can be at times- she'd probably have a breakdown. I wasn't sure why the hell I cared what happened to her but I don't think I would want that on my hands-it would just be easier to shoot her- therefore I came up with a couple plans that would work perfectly for both of us. I was able to get an available penthouse suit in the apartment complex where I live reserved for her family's arrival as well as a room for her mother. I knew Amy wanted her mother out of the nursing home as soon as she was getting better and also if her family were coming here to be reunited with her mom after 20 add years- visiting her in a nursing home would not be the best thing. When I had drop Amy off at the nursing home to visit her mother yesterday, the idea came to me, 'If this girl's family came here she's going to be wanting to be close to them for however long they were planning to stay. If they were to stay at some random hotel not in close range to here, that would mean I'd have to allow her to go out and to not rise any suspicions without any form of supervision close by. That could be a big risk for us because even though we had seemed to scare her enough to be quiet and complied, I still don't trust her fully to that extent. Therefore, having them all there in the same building would make it easier for me in case she tries anything or ever let her mouth slip. Having them all here would still have me in control of things.

For a girl who hasn't had much or been involved in the type of life she had been introduced to, she sure had a lot of pride. That's what I call it-pride. I told her about my decision to get her mom an apartment at my apartment complex and a suite for her visiting family, the girl would not willingly accept it. Tried to give me hell about not wanting any charity or something along that line. She was definitely a subtle feisty one, I had to let her know who was in control and that she didn't have much say in the matter. She was too damn proud to want any help even when she was in desperate need of it, that is why I never mentioned it to her or anyone that I was the one who paid for her mother's heart procedure. I don't know why I did it but I knew I had no plan at the time to let Amy go out to work, she had begged me before to allow her to go back to work saying she needed money to saved up for her mom's procedure. The fact that the girl was more interested in helping her mother father than wanting to satisfied her own personal material wants like most young girls now would- made me feel the need to pay the medical bill. That way I could get her off my back and hopefully her mother being well again could convinced her to not messed up in the long run. I especially never mentioned it to Gio, because I know he would be asking me a lot of questions I wouldn't be in any mood to answer, even though I believe he suspected something when Amy had mentioned it at the event Saturday night but I hadn't confirmed anything, not that I intend to.