Chapter 40

I decided that since I had left work earlier than I should the night before, I would go in early this evening to make up for my shift. I had just finished getting dressed in a black leggings and a long sleeve shirt with some sneakers to wear to work.

I grabbed my bag and exited my room- prepared to leave

I grabbed my bag and exited my room- prepared to leave. When I reached the living room, I was surprised to see Lucas once again and him stopping me.

"Lucas, I thought you were at work." I said to him.

"We need to talk. " He said to me.

"Does it have to be now? I was hoping I could go to work earlier this evening since I had got off before the end of my shift lastnight." I said to him.

"You're not going to work tonight. I'm giving you the night off." Lucas said to me before pointing to the sofa "Sit. We need to talk."

"Okay," I nodded as I hesitantly sat down on the sofa in front of him. "What do you need to talk about?"

"I know what happened last night, why you ran out of the club." Lucas said to me causing my heart to start racing.

Could he? No, I don't think so.

"You do?" I asked him.

"I told you that I'd figure it out. Rinaldo is your father." Lucas stated, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.

How did he...?

"What...How did you know that?" I asked him in shock.

"I'm good at putting two and two together " Lucas replied. "It makes perfect sense. Rinaldo seeing a resemblance in you as that of someone he once knew. Which happened to be Marie right?"

"You've talk to him." I guessed.

"I had to know what was up between you and him." Lucas replied.

"Does he know? Did you tell him?" I asked worried that he had.

"No. He doesn't seem to know it yet but it won't be long until he finds out. I wasn't going to be the one to tell him about his unknown daughter." Lucas said to me.

"He doesn't deserve to know..." I said to him.

"Why is that?" Lucas asked curiously.

"I've lived all my life without a father. There are things that happened to me... there were days when I wondered if things would be different if I had a father. But now I've got out and nothing is going to change now that I know who my father is." I said to him. "He doesn't deserve to know. All my life I've been surrounded by men who played women and I'm sick of it. He was one of those guys, who played my mom. He knew he was married and had a son too yet he felt the need to approach a young innocent girl in another country, only to toy with her then leave her broken. What kind of person does that?"