Chapter 8

Getting ready and looking decent wasn't something hard to do on my own. I had experience in getting ready, fixing my own hair and make up. Somehow Lucas had gotten some of my things from my apartment brought here for me, some clothes, few shoes, my makeup and hair products and so on. According to him the rest of my stuff or trash, as is my apartment and whoever cleaning it out and getting rid of things could handle them since I no longer owned that apartment. Fortunately I didn't have anything sentimental at that apartment which he left, sure some of my old clothes which I always loved and jewelry were left behind but maybe it was a good thing not having them would help me start over fresh without remembering events attached to them.

The bag which Lucas brought me earlier had a simple sleeveless black straight dress which rest few inches down my thigh with a split up one leg, a black strappy heels and a silver purse. Don't ask me how Lucas know my feet size in order to get these shoes in my size or if he was the one who get them but both the dress and heels fit my perfectly. I remembered Lucas said his boss wanted to meet me and I was to be ready by seven so I wasted no time in doing just that. I was extremely nervous to meet however this boss was, I had a feeling that this meeting wasn't a friendly one. If Lucas was this serious and scary, what would his boss be like?

I didn't want to be late and get on Lucas's bad side therefore after showering I started working on getting ready immediately. I had opt to wear my hair in a tight high ponytail, I didn't know what tonight's meeting means for me so I decided on doing a light makeup, which was just some face powder, eyeliner, mascara and pink lipgloss. The only jewelry I had on was a pair of small diamond stud earrings. If I was going to be killed tonight or something, I don't believe my appearance would matter. Looking at myself in the mirror, I thought I looked alright so taking a deep breath I decided to leave the room and see if Lucas was ready to leave.