13 - Triwizard Tournament

Me and Luna take our seats at the table after all the commotion outside, some giant boat and a flying carriage with horses arrived which is oddly peculiar but I'm sure we'll find out about that soon.  The 1st year students make their entrance and get sorted into the houses Michael being one of them who made Gryffindor which I'm shocked but happy with.  Dumbledore takes his place at the podium. 

"Well now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen"

He stops talking as Filch approached him after his grand entrance of I'm assuming running down the middle of the room. Well I hope that's running because god know's what else it could be.

"So Hogwarts have been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. The Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contest are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime"

The doors opens and in walks the students of Beauxbatons followed by a giant women and I mean giant, Dumbledore only goes up to her hand. 

"And I thought Hagrid was tall" I whisper to Luna who laughs in response 

"I mean what dance and walk is that? No it's too fancy for me"  I carry on, I'm sure as hell glad I didn't go to that school. 

"And now our friends from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Drumstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff"

I notice behind Dumbledore Professor Snape's face when Ignor gets mention doesn't look happy but I shrug it off when the doors open again and the students enter dressed like cave men enters 

"That's Viktor Krum, I saw him at the Quidditch world cup"

Now everyone is finally here food arrives, about time I'm starving. 

"Your attention please" Dumbledore speaks again during pudding

"No, I just wanna eat" I whine 

"I'd like to say a few words. Eternal Glory. That is what awaits the Student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this the Student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all of this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mr Bartemius Crouch"

Before Mr Crouch gets the chance to get to Dumbledore thunder rumbles loudly throughout the hall and the ceiling changes. 

"That's Alastor Moody" Luna speaksassome mad looking guy with a glass eye appears and changes the ceiling back to what it originally was

"What do you think that drink he's drinking is?" Terry asks