15 - Yule Ball

The 2nd task is fast approaching but before that its the Yule Ball which I'm excited about, I love balls and any other event where I can dress like a princess. The ball is Friday which means we have exactly a week left to get a dress and a date, neither of which I have but hopefully I'll get the dress today in Hogsmeade, If not then Mother will have to send me one of the many dresses I own. 

"Mother have sent my robes to me all ready for the ball" Draco states as we all take a seat 

"Have you got a dress in mind Sammi?" Luna asks 

"Yes, I want a star theme" I smile "I can't wait I love balls and things like this, it's gonna be fun. Dancing and everything" 

"It will be fun, have you got a date yet?" 

"No, so no dancing the night away for me yet" I frown then the professor enters the classroom so everyone immediately shuts up and we proceed with the lesson. 

Deep down I'm hoping Draco will ask me but he probably doesn't the share the same feelings towards me as I do him. I wouldn't mind going as friends and not a date just as long as I'm somehow with him I know I will be happy and enjoy the night. Luna is going with Neville which I think is cute, everyone can see they got feelings for each other so hopefully something will happen at the ball and transport them out of the friend zone and into the relationship zone.

The Ball

I put the dress on then I curl my hair and manage to add a few stars in it. Luna appears out the bathroom looking beautiful, of course her dress is quirky looking and something I'd choose not to wear but it's Luna so quirky is the only thing that suits her.

Time Skip

I sit at the side and look around frowning, I felt like a total idiot entering with Nevile and Luna. I was such a third wheel which isn't always fun. What made it worse was Draco entering with Pansy, now that was a stab in the heart a thousand times over. I had so many hopes of this being a good night but they just blew up like a volcano and became the complete opposite. 

Watching Draco with Pansy made me realize something, my feelings for him are stronger than that I thought they was. Luna and Nevile comes over taking a seat next to me and I smile at them then take a sip of my drink. 

"Come dance with us" Luna smiles

"No I'm good thanks, you go dance and have fun" 

"Oh my god, Draco and Pansy are kissing yuck" 

I immediately turn my head in the direction of George Weasley and see further along from him Draco and Pansy sucking each others faces. There's goes another stab in the heart. 

"I'm tired so I'm going to bed, I'll see you guys tomorrow" I say standing up and quickly leaving. 

As soon as I exit the hall I get tears so I take my heels off and hold them whilst holding the bottom of my dress up and run off to the common room. As soon as I'm in the dormitory I dive onto the bed and bury my head in my pillow and let it all out.