20 - Girlfriend

I finally get out of the classroom and I let the tears escape, I look down at my hand and see 'I mustn't tell lies' clearly engraved into it and let me tell you it hurt like hell. I hold my hand other it to try and stop the pain as I walk back to the common room but me being clumsy I walk into someone. 

"I'm sorry, are you ok?" I ask as soon as I stand up

"It's fine, Sammi?"

I look and see Draco picking his books up

"What's wrong, why are you crying?"

"Nothing, I. I gotta go" I say as I try to walk past him. I said try cause he held his arm out as a barrier stopping me from passing

"Tell me."

"Fine I had detention with Umbridge"

"You did lines?"

"Yes, how dare she get away with it. I'm going to ministry and I'm going to report that pink cat obsessed mad evil witch"

"You won't be able to do that, you'd never be able to get out of the castle without her catching you"

"I'll find a way, now I must go"

"Have I done anything to upset you? You've been avoiding me since last year"

"Curfew is nearly up, I'm sure pansy is waiting for you"

"We broke up"

"Oh, sorry to hear that"

I tried to leave again, like I said tried. His arm immediately became a barrier again. "Come on, let's go talk" he says softly and walks off outside expecting me to follow, which I do.

We reach the edge of the forest and he takes a seat under a tree, me following suit.

"You've been avoiding me and you ignored my letters over the summer"

"Sorry about the letters, I was out an awful lot. I managed to go to all my favourite festivals this summer including Download" I smile remembering how great my summer was

"That's amazing, I'm glad you was finally able to go to Download whatever it is"

"How many times have I explained Download and you still don't understand?" I smirk

"Only kidding, I know full well what it is" he smiles and lightly nudges me

"Let me look at your hand" he says after a minute or two of silence

I hold my hand out and he scoots closer to look at it "it will be ok, should heal by Thursday. If not see Snape"

"Thanks"

"Will you finally answer my question now?"

"What question?"

"Why you've been avoiding me"

I sigh and look straight ahead of me at the castle "you're my best friend, along with Luna of course. But when you're best friends with the opposite sex it sometime leads to stronger feelings, feelings of a different zone. I got those feelings, I was excited about the Ball. I thought it would be us all, me, you, Neville, Luna, Crabbe and Goyle. I thought it would be a fun night like every other ball I've attended. You turned up with pansy which shocked me a lot and made me sad. Our favourite song was on so I was going to get up and look for you but I heard George Weasley and I saw you and Pansy kissing. That hurt and made me realize I like you more than a friend."

I feel a tear roll down my cheek but I ignore it and continue. "I tried talking to you afterwards and push my feelings aside. You started to not pay attention to me and whenever we was in the same class you'd be sat in the middle of me and pansy but you'd give me short replies to end our conversation and turn to talk to pansy. It hurt to have your best friend ditch you and have his back to you but it hurts more when it's someone you love. I stopped trying cause it was just hurting me more so I did what was best for me and stop all contact with you"

"I'm sorry Sammi, what I did was wrong and you don't deserve to be treated like that. I was going to ask you but I saw you with Nevile and assumed he asked you. Obviously at the ball my assumption got proved to be wrong. When the intro of our song started I wanted to dance with you but I didn't know Pansy put something in my drink which made me want to be with her only. When I came home for summer I realized we haven't spoke of saw each other. Mother said it was probably nothing and the fact we're in different houses and our revision for this year owls was already on your mind. You didn't reply my letters and that upset me.
Me and pansy broke up because I found out what she did on the night of the ball which was putting a potion so I loved her in my drink. I like you more than a friend and when you was clearly avoiding me this year it hurt a lot because being ignored by someone you have loads of feelings towards hurt."

He wraps his arm around me as I have even more tears and I rest my head on his chest

"I won't hurt you again, I promise. Forgive me?"

"Forgiven"

"Heart of forgiveness or it doesn't count" he laughs holding the arm which isn't around me up and making a heart shape with his thumb and index finger.

"Heart of forgiveness" I smile as I do the same and join my half of a heart to his

"I missed you"

"I missed you too, Snape is nicer to me when you're around" I joke

He chuckles and we sit there in silence as I watch the sunset behind the castle, it's a beautiful sight and the silence isn't awkward it's a comfortable silence.

"I know I hurt you, and you only just forgiven me and spoke to me but. Will you be my girlfriend?" 

"I'd love to"