17 - Cedric Diggory

I meet up with Luna and we all go to the the final task standing with Gryffindors, me being in between Luna and Ron.

"Who do you think will win?" Seamus asks

"Hogwarts of course, we're the best and the fact it's two of us" I smile

"I do hope Harry will be ok though"

"He will be fine, he's Harry Potter after all" Ron smiles

I notice Draco glaring at me but I ignore him and focus on the task and the people around me.

"Where's Cedric and Harry?" I question after the other two gets back and it's been over 30mins

"The maze goes on for miles" Ginny comments

We all wait in silence as the atmosphere gets more tense and the silence making it 10x worse.

"Sammi, where are they?" I turn and see Michael approaching me

"I don't know"

"Has something bad happened?"

"I hope not"

Suddenly you hear the popping sound and Harry hunch over someone, all the teachers run over blocking views from us all.

"That's my son...NO...my boy" Mr Diggory yells running his way there

My heart drops and I get tears. "Sammi? is he ok?"

I nod my head no and try to get closer just like all of us are but the teachers stop us making us remain where we are. I turn and walk to my left "Move Terry, I'll got it" I say quietly taking Cho from him

I hug her tightly as she cry her eyes out, I can't begin to feel the way she's feeling. "Come on let's go inside"

She nods ok and we walk to the front, I explain to Professor Sprout and she lets me through saying to go straight to the castle. We get to the common room taking a seat on the seats, I quickly go to the dorm and bring down my chocolate. It will help hopefully.

"Thanks" she smiles a little taking some chocolate

"You're welcome. I'm really sorry Cho"

"Have you ever lost someone?"

"My grandmother, but that isn't the same as a boyfriend"

"I haven't lost anyone, he's the first. What's the grief like?"

"Well it's different for different people, depending how close they are to you. For me I was upset for a good month but it started to get easier. The pain got less and the days got easier to get through."

"It won't be a month for me"

"And that's understandable, Imagine how it will be for his father. It will be hard to begin with but as time goes on it will get easier. I promise"

"Thank you Sam, I really appreciate you being here"

"You're welcome"

"Apparently he who shall not be named did it"

"Well if he did then we'll do Cedric proud. We will beat him, I don't know when but I know we will."

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. Therefore, I feel you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I feel would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, and, reminds us, that though we may come from different countries and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of the recent events, the bonds of friendship made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind, and honest, and brave, and true. Right to the very end."

I grab another tissue and wipe my eyes again, he was so young. He still had his whole life ahead of him. His poor father.

When it's all over with I sigh and make my way to go and continue my packing, it doesn't feel right. Leaving Hogwarts knowing the train is going to be one student short, one more empty seat.