Fi.

The first day of school was going pretty well. It's third period, and this is my debate class. My teacher was overly excited to hear all of our point of views, and I was slowly becoming over it.

" Okay, class, listen up. Today's debate is on political parties, with a twist. The Republicans and Democrats will argue a point about the Independants, and the Independants will argue a point about both other parties. Because I know this is politics, I will allow mild vulgar language, but there will be no physical altercations. Got it? " he started and we all nodded. " Begin. "

" My name is Devin, and I will be representing the Republican Party, and all of the faceted views that we believe in. We strive for excellence in our communities, and opportunity for those in need. " he introduced himself.

" My name is Garret, and I will be representing the Democratic Party. Who strives to help any hand that is extended, and to maintain the order and organization of the policies of America.

" My name is Tre, and I will be representing the party they love to hate, The Independants. The party who isn't afraid, and will never be afraid to call people out on their bullshit. " I argued, and everyone gasped.

" Alright. Now the argument today: should the Independants have a private party in America? " Mr. Cobain asked.

" No, they should not. They simply don't know what they're doing, they can't make their minds up about simple scenarios, and they aren't strong enough to uphold large decisions. " Devin argued.

" And is that because we don't allow people to shove money up our butts, and tell us what to do? You fear us because you know that we can think for ourselves, and any person in America can see that they don't want that. "

" I agree with that statement, but I also agree with the Republican Party. I don't think that you all are strong enough to handle big decisions. "

" And what makes you think that? " I asked Garrett.

" Well, let's see here. You make it plain that you guys can think for yourselves, though we're afraid that you're going to push people to do everything for themselves. Show the people of America that they can't reach out for aid, and when they do, they'll be shunned. " Devin folded his arms.

" Sorry, sir, but please don't get your ' American Dream ' mixed with mine. " I pointed as the class chuckled. " Now, when you think about America, and all it is supposed to stand for, it's all a lie. Everybody is already stuck fending for themselves, because the government is too busy re-writing laws to fit a certain situation that we're facing. You give us rights, but say that we don't have the right to exercise them? " I questioned.

" Let me ask you this: this drug dealer that sits on the corner, and he gets caught with illegal drugs, do you think that he shall be arrested? " Garrett asked, and I knew he was getting the big head.

" No, I don't think he should be arrested for selling drugs. If it's illegal, it's illegal, but America picks and chooses who it wants to convict. " I told him.

" And that's my point. You're always trying to see the good in everybody. " Devin laughed.

" Dude, listen to what you just said! You basically proved why America is the way that is it, because they choose to only see what they want to see. The reason why I feel he shouldn't be arrested for selling the drugs, is because the workforce is crappy! Do you know how hard it is to get a job in America, today? "

" Who wants to hire a criminal? " Garret asked, smirking.

" Oh, so you're a criminal for selling drugs? No, criminal acts are murder, theft, things of those sort. Standing on a corner day and night, selling drugs? You're not doing anything to anybody. " they got quiet. " I have a question for the both of you: How do you feel about Individual Liberty? "

" We, Republicans, feels that you should do what's right, and having your freedom is what's right. "

" And we feel the same way, just feel it's slightly more important. "

" But your government doesn't. " I chuckled. " They despise of this so much that they've divided the masses into political barriers, and are forcing them to vote for things that they have no control over. I will say, both parties have good ideas, and bad ideas, and I'm not saying the Independants are any better, but why do you think they don't want us in office? "

" Because that'll give people a choice in American democracy. The masses will be able to control what happens in our country, and they know that if that happens, they'll lose money. " Garrett reasoned.

" Bingo. " I smiled, shaking his hand. " Now you get it. "

" Well done, boys, I am very impressed. " Mr. Cobain smiled, right before the bell rang. Everyone rushed to get their belongings. As I was walking out of the door, he stopped me. " For someone who hates politics, you know a lot? "

" Yeah, but others have the same access to that information, they just wont read between the lines. " I told him.

" Have any schools scouted you? " he asked me and I nodded. " Good, you'll do well. One more thing: how would you feel about going to State towards the end of the school year? I know that'll be another opportunity for more scouts? "

" I think I'd like that. Have a good day, sir. "