Th.ty Two

I got back home, extremely tired from the long weekend I just endured. The college tour was really eye opening, and it helped me make up my mind about many things. I walked into my room, throwing my bags down and dove into my bed.

" How was the trip? " Sean asked, startling me.

" Boy, you almost got your ass cut. " I looked up at him. " It was good. When did you get here. "

" I walked in after you. " he said and I nodded. " Hey, I.........can you do me a big favor? "

" It depends on what it is. " I answered him, honestly.

" The mother of my child has gotten' lazy lately, and my daughter can't stop talking about how she wants a big party for her birthday. I really just want to be a good father, and try to make this happen. I know this is a bit much, but I really need some help. " he explained, making me smile.

" Awww, that's so sweet. Listen, I can't help..........but I have a cousin who is an event planner, but he lives in Miami. Maybe I can talk him into taking a little vacation, and maybe bringing work with him? " I shrugged.

" That would be great, just let me know what he says. " he nodded, and I did the same. My phone vibrated, and I picked it up.

What, Flex?

Where's your boyfriend, Garrett?

Boy, don't start this shit, I'm too tired. Why are you always making a big deal out of nothing?

Because you always doing shit that you're not supposed to.

Last time I checked, I didn't swim from your ballsack, did I?

Really?

Yes, really, and you know what else, we're done.

I hung up the phone, looking down at the bracelet on my wrist. Almost instantly, it felt as if my whole heart shattered into a million pieces, and I wasn't close to putting them back together. My head started to hurt, and my stomach started to turn. I quickly ran into the bathroom, throwing up into the toilet.

" Yo', you alright? " Sean questioned, rubbing my back.

" Yes, I'm fi........" I hurled, once again.

" Have you eaten? " I nodded. " Something bad? " I shrugged.

" I'm good, just leave me be, please. "

For the next few weeks, I avoided everyone and anything that had to deal with them. I had wrecked my car, which was now in the shop, getting fixed. I watched as Flex paraded different girls throughout the school, and day by day, it has gotten' worse. Tia has been picking me up from school, and insisted that I tell her what's wrong, but nothing is wrong. Today's just another regular day, and I'm walking to Tia's car.

" Sorry about intruding on your work time. " I apologized to her, sitting down in the passenger seat.

" Deon, if I have to tell you again to stop saying that. What has gotten' into you? " she examined me.

" Tia, I said that I don't want to talk about it. " I slightly raised my voice.

" Boy, if you raise your damn voice at me, it's going to be a damn problem. " she looked at me. " I know that this is behind that fucking boy, and I swear......."

" Tia, just drive the fucking car, please? " I yelled, making her jump. I started to cry, and I could feel the anger radiating off of her. She put the car in drive, rushing home.

We pulled into the driveway, and I quickly got out of the car. I unlocked the front door, leaving it open. It shortly slammed shut.

" What the hell is going on? " my mother yelled, walking over to us.

" Spoiled brat over here has his head up his ass over a fuck boy. " she told them.

" See, that's your problem, you don't know how to mind your damn business. " I pointed at her.

" Wait a damn minute........"

" You damn right, because you always make stupid decisions. I'm trying to look out for you, and you shit on me? " she argued.

" I don't need you for anything, stop talking to me! "

" Oh really, you don't need me? Well walk your ass home from school, then. Find somebody else to talk to in this damn house. I've been nothing but there for you..........."

" There for me? Tia, all you've done is criticized me, and everything that I do. My best is never, and has never been good enough for you! " I yelled.

" Ask yourself how do I feel? You've always been better than me at everything, and everybody knows that. You've never had to work hard for anything in your life. " she said, and I laughed.

" I've never had to work hard? I never had to work hard for anything, let me tell you something. Instead of having everything handed to me......... "

" No, you will not go there! " my mother interrupted us. " What the hell is the matter with the both of you? I didn't raise neither one of you like this, and everybody in this house has had everything handed to them, except for me and your father. We worked hard, day in and day out, to ensure that our children wouldn't have to worry about anything. " my mother started to cry. " Now you give your sister an apology! "

" I'm not apologizing for shit. " I mumbled.

" And I won't apologize for this! " she asserted, tugging at the bracelet on my wrist, and breaking it. The pieces went rolling across the floor as I grunted, holding my chest. Instantly, everything around me seemed clear.

" Tia? " my father yelled, running after Tia before she slammed the door. He looked down at me, and shook his head. That's all he needed to do before I ran into my room, bursting out into tears.