Tw.ty

I walked into the school the next day, ready to take this test and get it over with. I walked to my locker, grabbing my notes.

" Best friend, I miss you. " Breezy sniffled, hugging my waist.

" You better stop before people think that we date. " I chuckled.

" Too late for that. " he mumbled. I shot him a look, glaring at him.

" Don't play with me, blood. " I warned him, and he was trying so hard not to laugh. I held back a laugh as Candice walked over.

" Wassup, hoes. " she smiled at us. " How does it feel to not be a Mary? "

" You told her? " I punched Brandon.

" Those damn eyes, she knows what she's doing. " he argued.

" Why didn't you tell me? " she whined.

" Candice, I really don't know. The only reason he knew was because...... " I paused, not knowing if she knew about his parents.

" Im waiting? " she held her ear, being dramatic. The bell rung, and I sighed.

" I have to go, I will meet see you guys in a bit. "

I walked off to my first period class, sitting down in my seat. I ruffled through my bag, pulling out my notes and quickly reviewing them before the test started. I heard the intercom pop on, and the muffled arguing in the background.

" I don't care, Typhoon Heights students. Most of you know me as Flex, the one who keeps no secrets. I have something to say. I am in love with Tre Thompson, I repeat. I am in love with Tre Thompson. "

I sat in the class, embarrassed as the teacher cleared her throat. I looked up at her, standing in front of me as she handed me my test. I put my notes away, and grabbed my pencil.

" Don't start until I say so, love bird. " she chuckled.

The students that walked inside of the classroom gave my mysterious glares, taking their seats. I put my head down on my desk until the bell rang.

" You may start your test now, good luck. "

I lifted my head up, wrote my name on the paper and started the test. I was actually glad, because everything that was on it was something that I studied. I breezed through it, being one of the first students to turn theirs in. She looked at my paper with hopeful eyes, taking it out of my hands. I walked back to my desk, taking my phone out and plugging in my headphones. I turned my music up, letting the lyrics take me away. Out of nowhere, I heard a large shout. Everybody gasped, looking back at Mrs. Iglet. She danced in her seat, and I guess that was a good thing.

One by one, the students got up, turning their tests in, and by the time the last person got theirs in, it was ten minutes before the bell. She walked over to me, standing tall. I looked up at her, smiling.

" You are the only one of my students who made triple digits, and as always, I'm proud of you. " she held her hand over her heart.

" Thank you. "

The bell finally rung, and I walked out of the classroom. I headed to my locker, and noticed all of the uncomfortable glares that I got. I tried ignoring them as much as I could, but I could feel the negativity trying to cover me.

" Hey? " Flex spoke. I balled my fist up as the anger came rushing back. I slammed my locker shut, walking away. " Yo', what's wrong? "

" You just don't get it, do you? " I chuckled and he grabbed my arm. I snatched away from him. " Why do you insist on doing stupid shit? I told you that's not how you approach me, you embarrassed me. "

" I'm sorry, I thought that it would show you that I was trying to really get with you. " he pleaded. I laughed, shaking my head and walking away. " No, you listen to me. All I'm asking for is a chance, and you keep blowing me off like I'm a random ass nigga. I know you have to ability to dig deep into situations, so can't you see I'm trying? "

" Alright, I'll give you a chance, but the minute you make me look stupid, which will be hard, I'm done. "

" I wouldn't dare. Now can I get a hug? " he asked, smiling cockily.

" Go to class. "