Th.ty Three

I sat on my bed, looking out of my window, thinking about everything Tia had said. She was right! I had let Flex control me to the point that I switched up on my sister, the one who was there for me since day one. There was a knock at the door, and my mother peeked her head in, once again.

" Has she picked up? " she asked, and I shook my head. I got up, grabbing the keys to my dad's truck, and decided to go look for her. " Deon, it's twelve in the morning, maybe she'll come back overnight. "

" I'm sorry, ma', but I can't shake this feeling in my gut. I'll be right back. "

I got into the truck, making my way towards the place Tia and I always went to get away. As I continued to drive, I started to see little pieces of broken glass on the street. The further I went, there were more pieces covering the road. I got out of the truck, shaking my head, hoping and praying that this wasn't what I thought it was. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I saw Tia's car, lying over in a ditch, turned over. She lied there on the pavement, bloody and unmovable. I rushed over to her, checking her pulse. Nothing. I quickly called the ambulance, then my mother, rushing them over.

" Tia? Tia, babygirl, get up! " I cried, trying to lift her. " Tia? I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, how could I be so stupid? " I could hear the sirens in the distance, and the red and white lights quickly appeared. They pushed me away from her, lifting her onto the stretcher and placing her inside of the truck.

" Deon, what happened? " I heard a car door slam, and my father jumped out with Sean and my mother by his side.

" It was me, dad, I did this. If I didn't..........she wouldn't........be......." that was all that I could say at that moment before Sean took me into his chest.

" Winny, stay back. " my dad told her, walking over to the ambulance as they performed CPR on her.

" That's my baby. Tia! " my mother screamed, making me feel even worse than I felt.

The ambulance pulled off, and we tailed them all the way to the hospital. They rushed Tia into surgery as we sat in the waiting room. I had my head on my mother's shoulder, and she was brushing her hand through my hair. Drew came rushing into the hospital, and my father got up.

" Dad, what happened, I came as fast as I could. " you could see the worry in his eyes.

" Let's take a walk, son. " my father gestured, and they walked off.

" I'll be back, I'm going to get something to drink. " Sean said, nodding as he walked off. My mother kissed my forehead, and started to hum a song that she used to sing to Tia and I. Tears started to roll down my face, and she wiped them away.

Just a while, my baby, just a while.

The trouble will only last a while.

In due time, the sun will shine,

And the only thing you'll see is white clouds.

" The family of Tia Roper? " the doctor walked out as me and my mother stood at attention. Drew, my father, and Sean had just returned. " We were able to get her back to breathing on her own, so we'll keep her overnight to make sure that she stays stable. Apparently, she was driving, and the car swerved off of the road, rolling six times before tossing her out of it. We will keep you guys updated, but for now, you guys should go and get some rest. "

" I'll stay here with her, you guys go home. Baby, I know you're tired, get some sleep. Deon, you have school tomorrow, and Drew, you have work. Sean, make sure they make it home, and that they're secure. " my father spoke, and Sean nodded. He hugged and kissed us all before we left.

" I hope you're not blaming yourself for this? " Drew mentioned.

" Blame isn't the word I'm using for it. " I shrugged him off.

We pulled up to the house, and I noticed that Jay's Mustang was parked. My mother smiled, and Drew gave me a shitty smirk. We walked into the house, and I walked into my room, looking at Jay.

" Is she okay? " he sat up on the edge of the bed.

" They say she'll be fine, but I don't know. My dad stayed behind. " I told him, tossing my jacket back into my closet. He lied back down, as I climbed into bed with him and placed my head on his chest. I chuckled. " Stupid boy, when will you learn? "