Chapter 3

Evan's in the pic^

______________________

I wanted to ride the Ferris wheel so badly. She had promised me that she'll let me go on it before we had gone. I was sad and angry, and I was throwing a full on tantrum.

Why wouldn't she let me? Why did we turn around and go to the other side of the amusement park? The other side had all the lame rides, or the rides that are not suitable for my age.

She was having fun too. She was the happiest I had ever seen her. What had happened so suddenly to cause that drastic flip in her mood?

"Evan" she yells my name over and over again as I refuse to walk with her and tug at her arm.

"Evan". "Evan"..."Evan, wake up"

"Hm? What?" I shot straight up, which resulted in me banging my head against something. I was still in the car but it wasn't moving anymore. We finally arrived.

"We're here" mom cupped my cheek, "and there's Liam at the front porch waving at us!"

And it was true. He gave us a wave and then took the few steps toward us. He didn't need more than a few. The guy was huge! He was about 6 and a half feet tall, and he was really bulky. He had changed so much since the last time i had seen him, which was only a couple years ago. His light brown hair was the same except for a few grey hairs running up his sideburns. He grew his beard a little which is a contrast to his clean shaven. His hazel eyes sparked when he saw mom and I knew he adored her so freaking much. The only thing I was thinking of is, it's gonna be easy to carry the bags then.

Liam greeted us, and gave me a hug. The guy was surprisingly a hugger. And he almost choked me to death. I wasn't scrawny but he was much more huge. As soon as he let go of me, my mom's hand was being kissed by him, and he quickly took her in his arms. I was jealous of their obviously shared love.

"Welcome to your new home! I can't believe this is finally happening! I can't believe you're here, forever!" Liam's deep voice was very delighted. I was happy because of how much mom was happy. He made her forget the world. The smile on her face reminded me of her. The woman who used to smile on the inside before the outside. The woman whose smile used to be a reflection of her inner happiness, and not a fake plastered one. The woman mom was before refusing to let me ride the ferris wheel. The one who was happy and stopped ever since. I saw a glimpse of her somewhere in there.

And I couldn't be more thankful for Liam that moment.

After what felt like forever, he let her go and paced quickly towards the trunk. He cranked it open and grabbed a couple boxes and went inside. I quickly followed with one because no way in hell I'm carrying more at a time. I'm not scrawny but I'm not Mr. Muscles either. I am toned more or less.

A few trips back and forth and the trunk was unloaded into the house. And what a house it was. Like everything I dreamt of. A movie house. The stairs were a few steps from the door. A doorway right next to them lead to what looked like the living room. I approached it slowly, my eyes wandering anywhere and everywhere. It was like trying to look at everything at once. A big flat screen TV was resting on the stand against the wall, facing a couch, which had a love seat next to it, and 2 arm chairs along with a big coffee table. It looked nice and cozy and luxurious at the same time. There was also a huge wall library that extended from end to end. I couldn't wait to READ IT ALL.

I was so astonished about the living room that I almost fainted when I remembered there's like 7 or 8 more rooms left to see. I went back to the entrance, and walked right past the stairs. There were doors on each sides of the wall. One was for a basement, which I wasn't gonna try that's for sure. Nothing good ever comes from basements believe me. The other door was a bathroom, a nice one. And to the right was the kitchen. Which was even bigger than the living room, with a big glass wall that looked over a ginormous backyard WITH A POOL. I was glued face first to the glass wall gazing at the dim lit pool. From the kitchen you can find a dining room, which looked cozy too.

I stumbled across Liam and Mom on my way out from the kitchen.

"I see you showed yourself around" Liam's arm was tight around mom's waist.

"It's super cool I love it already!"

"Don't forget upstairs! Isaac's room is the one at the far end of the hallway, it's hard to miss since it has 2 steps in front of the door, and yours is gonna be the one on the right. The other part of the hallway is mine and your mo--"

I was halfway through the stairs. I couldn't wait to see the upper story.

As I reached the last step, there was a hallway split into two sides. The right side had 2 steps at the end of it with a door, so I assumed it's Isaac's and I's. My hands were brushing the smooth wooden walls of the hallway, which in contrast to the heavily decorated house, was bare.

I reached my room and opened the door. It was a giant mess.

I could make out some furniture from under the plastic sheets. There was a king size bed, a small couch at the end of the room under the giant floor-to-ceiling window, and a TV stand facing my bed. It lacked a TV however.

The walls were half painted except for a fully painted one. It was a relaxing blue.

There also seemed to be a desk and 2 doors. The first one led me to a walk-in closet! A freaking walk-in closet! At my home it used to a be a small wardrobe that barely fit everything. If I hadn't kept a heap of clothes on my chair, the wardrobe would've exploded.

The other door was a bathroom, which was beyond nice, with a decent sized bathtub too. Damn this house is luxurious. Back home we didn't live in a small apartment, but it wasn't big either. It fit us, but we didn't have extra space. Here everything feels a baggy instead of snuggy-fit. It was a welcomed change.

I finished my mini room tour and took the 2 steps to Isaac's. I slowly opened the door as if expecting him to yell at me for not knocking. It was just a feeling even though I knew no one is there. My jaw dropped as his room came into view. It was FUCKING AMAZING.

He had a king size bed too, along with a much bigger couch, a big flat-screen TV with gaming consoles all around it. His bookshelf was filled with books and video games. All sorted neatly. At the end of the room, the wall was five sided with each side having a big window with a seat under it. Giant curtains descended from the ceiling, and the view was of the pool. Aside from that, everything else was almost the same as my room.

I was in love with the house and I had only been in it for less than 15 minutes.

When I came back down, mom and Liam were in the kitchen making coffee and talking about something I didn't care enough to hear.

"Do you like it here honey?" mom said from behind her shoulder. She didn't even turn.

"By the look on his face I can guess he liked it a little bit" Liam's sarcasm was overwhelming. Hope Isaac isn't the same. I had yet to worry about living with a monstrous step brother, forever. Or worse, till I get married.

"It's nice. I love it" I walked around the isle, snatching an apple from the fruit bowl situated in the middle. "Where will I be sleeping?" I took a bite of my bright red apple. I don't like apples that much by the way.

"Until your room's finished, you can have Isaac's room" mom handed Liam a mug of coffee. It was a nice mug. They owned nice mugs. Even the smallest things around this house are perfect.

"When will he be here?" I asked curious as ever. I didn't know if it was just me or Liam had actually flinched when I asked him about his son.

"Soon."

Thanks for reading! Vote! Or not!