Chapter 16

Evan

I found Leon parked outside. He gestured for me to jump in his red convertible and quickly drove away.

He was the kind of guy who you just become friends with him instantly. You don't even need to try.

As for his intentions, I wasn't quite sure yet.

He took me out to Betsy's and we had a nice lunch.

We talked a little. About him mainly. I didn't wanna talk about what's going on between Zac and I. Mainly because I didn't even comprehend why was he pushing me away. I figured he'd need some time, because to be honest I did too. It was still incomprehensible. We now live in the same house. Separated by only a wall. The idea sent chills down my body.

Leon knew I was tired, knowing that I just finished school so he made sure we didn't take much time.

He also said that he'd try to make it a thing for us to have lunch after school and drive me home, which I did not decline since it meant free food.

We got back in his car for a smooth ride back home.

Halfway there I made him recline the car roof back because I was freezing.

He was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt.

I guess some people aren't as prone to hypothermia as I was.

I thanked him for the ride home and waved when I reached the front porch. The house is usually empty after I get back home from school because now mom worked too.

But I forgot that I don't live alone now.

"Where were you" he spat.

"Sorry? I didn't know I had two moms"

"Where did he take you?"

"Why do you care?"

"I asked first"

"And my answer was interrogative" his face was boiling with anger by that point. I, on the other side, was casually untying my shoes as we spoke.

"You shouldn't go out with people you barely met" he said, calmer than I expected.

"Yet you wanted me since you saw me on the ground. Interesting"

I tried to suppress my amusement. For the first time, it actually worked.

"You still haven't answered my main question"

I wasn't going to. I wanted to take a damn shower and nap for God knows how much.

I walked past him but he grabbed my arm the moment I passed and spun me to face him. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel his warm breath brushing my face.

"Where. Were. You?"

I brushed my lips against his cheek and made my way seductively to his ear. His face was burning red and I knew that I was in control right now.

"Ask again when you're my mother" I whispered softly and left him standing there.

<><><><><><>

"That fucking bastard" Zac grumbled when he was in his room. I heard him since I was there too. My clothes were still in here. I didn't think I needed a shower anymore since I was already being showered with curses.

"Who does he think he is to take my Evan out on car rides to places?" My heart thumped a bit too hard. Apparently I wasn't the one being showered. It was Leon. He was the one being addressed and not me.