Chapter 13

Hello, just a reminder I write these past 2-3am and without wearing my glasses so ignoring my mistakes is much appreciated. Honestly I'm just really happy that people are still reading this even though I don't really know where the plot is going. But I'm definitely finishing it. Also thanks for the people who vote, comment, and even read. You guys are the best. ALSO THIS CHAPTER IS TWICE THE SIZE.

It was sunny. Scorching even. I could feel myself getting tanner by the second (something Rue would never be able to. That girl is so white you can't bake her to color). I thought the sun wasn't gonna set by how bright it was.

I was happy. Mom was happy. Dad was happy.

We were sitting on a blanket in the park, my parents had an assortment of food. nothing fancy but delicious nonetheless.

Dad let me run around and play at the playground area. He was a really nice father. I liked him. While mom was always a "no" person, he was a "yes". It was a miracle when mom agreed on something.

The sun faded suddenly. It was almost gone and everything darkened a notch. It wasn't even close to sundown. It was still noon. Out of nowhere, the sky flashes, followed by an extremely loud thunder. It made me jump. It felt so close and scary. I hated thunder and it only made me hate it more.

It started raining heavily and I could barely see. I heard my dad yelling my name but I wasn't able to tell where the voice was coming from. It was deep and far.

"Evan"... "Evan"

"Dad!"... "Dad where are you?"

"Dad!"... "Dad!".... "Dad?".."Zac?"

"Oh thank God" Zac sighed in relief and hugged me to his chest. I didn't realize that we were on the ground at first.

"What happened? Are we dead already?" I spoke into his chest. I didn't know if what I said was discernable or not.

"We're not dead but you almost were" Zac was... Crying?

I untangled myself from his arms and looked him in the face. His eyes were teary and a little red and his face was a faint yellow.

"You're crying. Why?"

"In case you haven't noticed, we're on the ground and you almost died" The last thing I remember was seeing bright car headlights coming at us and I was immensely scared and I didn't know what to do and it's all black after that.

"You fainted after I dodged the moron with the driving skills of a drunk octopus. And I barely managed to pull over while keeping hold of you so you don't fall onto the street" I did? Wow.

"I'm sorry I didn't intend to-"

"It's alright. You're okay and that's what matters" he hugged me back to his chest and passes his hand through my hair.

On the other side of the street there was a diner. I felt hungry just looking at the sign. And fainting makes you starve.

"Can we grab a bite before we go? I'm really hungry"

"I'm thinking about you and you're thinking about food?" Zac joked.

"You're so corny" I said. And then realized. "That actually makes much more sense now"

"What does?"

"You won't get it so forget it"

He smiled. "Weirdo. Come on, let's eat" he said picking me up as he stood. We dusted off our clothes and walked the small distance to the diner.