Chapter 12

For those wondering, Isaac will show up in either this chapter or the next one.

It was finally Friday. A wrap up of the week's events:

Firstly, Zac was still a robot, but he seemed less of a robot today as he looked like he has gained back a few of his senses because he actually talked today.

Secondly, it still annoyed me that he was being like that. To be honest, school was not the same without him. And spending time with Rue all day was exhausting. I mean she's great but all she talks about is this band she likes called All Time High, and it got on my nerves when she'd start singing their songs whenever a lyric is mentioned. It was like she's programmed.

I felt a little lonely even with Rue's hyperactivity, and Zac's ghost being. It reminded me of my horrible days at my old school. I spent most of my time alone, and it was a really big school so the only two friends I had were of different schedules so we barely saw each other in some few common classes.

Thirdly, if that's even a word, I tried out for the football team. Shocker huh. I know. But I actually do sports.

As it turned out, Zac was the captain of the football team. I don't remember if I said this before, but yeah he was, and a good one for that matter. He, along with coach Cooper, made sure that only the best players make the team. I was pretty sure that I got my spot on it in my pocket. I was good at football plus Zac was the one who gets a say in who makes it and who doesn't. I didn't need to think twice about making the cut. Zac wouldn't disappoint me.

That's what I thought. He disappointed me.

I didn't make it.

Their loss anyway. I didn't wanna join their loser team with its hot lousy captain either way.

I instead joined art club. Ms. Parks,  who was around the age of 27-30, was very nice. She was pretty, short, and had really short hair. Only a little bit longer than mine was. She wasn't strict and didn't mind us doing whatever we want as long as we cleaned up afterwards. The first 20-30 minutes she'd teach us basics and some painting tips. The rest of the time we were free to do as we please. It didn't even have to be art related we could just sit and do nothing. It turned out that art club operates during school time only, so I got to skip PE. It was the best thing ever.

Oh and lastly, Isaac, the infamous Isaac, was coming back home! Next Monday, Liam will pick him up after his shift and he'll be back to living with us yay how exciting. Much excitement.

Mom and Liam definitely noticed my fake excitement. I was pissed at him. I got used to the fact of his non-existent existence. I even stayed in his room even though mine was long finished. I was too lazy to move my stuff again to another room and it wasn't like anyone was using it anyway.

A part of me was happy that Isaac is finally getting some of his mind back and giving life with us a shot. But I knew if it weren't for Liam he wouldn't give it a second thought at all. The phone shouting matches were every single night. The poor guy should've lost his voice by now. It made me lowkey scared of  Isaac because he seemed like a really stubborn piece of shit.

I promised myself (and mom), ok and Liam, that I'd be as civil as possible and not cause any trouble with him. I actually thought I could pull it off. The peaceful not causing trouble Evan. That was gonna be me. It also made Liam warm up to me a little more so there's that. He was a really chill person but we didn't have that much of contact. He's at the hospital most of the time either ways.

<><><><><>

I wasn't going home after school today. I was going to Zac's house for us to work on the history paper. I was just hoping that we don't have to r—

"hop on" fucking shit.

"I thought we settled this. I'm not riding on your bike. And there's nothing you could do or say to change my mind" I assured him firmly. It always goes my way when I want it to.

"It's gonna be f i n e. Don't worry" he insisted. I didn't respond. I just looked at my feet. My shoes were fascinating. Too bad for him because it goes My Way.

I felt a cold hand on my neck, and a colder one in my hand.

"Don't you trust me" he half talked-half whispered. His voice was really husky and raspy when he talked in hushed. It made me tingle all over. But too bad it goes my way right?

"I don't know. Why should I trust you?" He didn't say anything either. His hand left mine but the one on my neck moved a little more upwards. His other hand reached for the other side of my neck and held my head in place. His lips were on mine in seconds. Warm soft plump lips nibbling on mine. I was feeling hot despite the cold weather. I kept reminding myself that it goes my way.

Everytime I thought he's pulling away from me, he'd dive in harder and with more passion than the time before. More fierce. Eventually he had to take a breath. He rested his forehead on mine. His breathing was unsteady.

"I wanted  to do this since the moment I saw you on the ground"

"Why didn't you?"

"I don't know, a lot of reasons I guess"

"Such as" I urged him to continue.

"That you might not want me to. I didn't want to upset you or make you hate me. Or stop talking to me. Or worse, avoid me all over. And the feeling I have that I shouldn't do it..." I waited for him to finish. He was pouring his heart out and I listened carefully to every word he said like they were the instructions that'll make me survive the upcoming zombie apocalypse.

"That is probably the sweetest thing I've ever heard someone tell me" I  confessed after he was done talking, "no cross that. It definitely is." I kissed him for a few seconds and his eyes widened because he didn't see it coming.

I agreed to let him give me a ride. My way right?

The wind was unbearable. My face was digging into Zac's back and I had my arms clutched so tightly at his chest I bet it physically hurt him. To say I was scared was an understatement. I was frightened. It was so fast.

I didn't see the speedy car coming right at us.