5

————🍫————

We entered, exchanging smiles and nods with unfamiliar faces, all part of the elaborate introductions orchestrated by our parents. My mom and Mrs. Min kept shuttling me between them, introducing me to their "friends," who were mostly business associates seeking deals.

Finally left alone, I sought a quiet corner in the expansive mansion. Before I could find one, Yoongi took my hand, his casual demeanor at odds with the gesture.

"Hey," he greeted, oblivious to the hand-holding. "Hey," I replied, puzzled by his sudden concern.

"Tired?" he asked, surprising me with his consideration. I hesitated before admitting, "Yes, very."

"I can take you somewhere," he offered.

"I'd like that, but what about everyone here?" I glanced around, noticing curious glances at our intertwined hands.

"Why worry? They're just here for business deals, they don't know us," Yoongi dismissed, his tone turning serious. I chose not to question him further, sensing his tension when mentioning the guests.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we headed upstairs, an area seemingly off-limits. "My room," he replied simply. I eyed him skeptically, still wary after our earlier encounter in my room. Can't trust this guy.

He chuckled at my hesitation. "Come on, you really think I'd do something? I wasn't shot in the head to not recognize a girl – especially one after my money like everyone else."

His words stung, casting doubt on our arrangement. I felt betrayed, despite my efforts to remain detached. But Yoongi's cold facade showed no remorse, leaving me bewildered and hurt. Shaking off the hurt and anger, I bolted downstairs, escaping Yoongi's presence. Why should I care what he thinks? This marriage was forced upon us by our parents, not by choice.

"Did the soon-to-be bride have a fight with her soon-to-be groom?" someone asked, making me stop in my tracks. I looked behind me to see a handsome, average-height guy who looks around my age, maybe a little older, as he looks manly with his suit.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, I just assumed that--that you and your fiancée had a fight--you were kinda angry as you came down and--"

"It's okay," I cut him off and chuckled at his face as he was trying to explain. I gave him a warm smile and looked at him as he loosened a bit. "I'm--"

"Seul Bi, Lee Seul Bi, I know," he said as he came closer towards me but kept his distance. "I'm Suho," he introduced himself as he let out his hand to shake. I put my right hand to shake his.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, referring to the situation. "Yes, I guess, I don't care anymore," I replied.

We walked to a side of the mansion where a couch and a coffee table were still in place.

"So, what happened back there?" he asked.

I let out a weak sigh. "Nothing much, just him being inconsiderate of others' feelings and saying things that shouldn't have been said," I briefly explained.

"Well, Yoongi is known for his coldness, but I promise you he is not as bad as he looks."

"Do you know him?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I kinda know Yoongi through business plans, we're friends," he let out a weak chuckle. "Sorry, about not mentioning that," he apologized.

"No no, it's okay, I'm sorry that this happened so fast that I didn't even know you're Yoongi's friend," I said as I looked at him in the eyes. Something about him made me forget all the things Yoongi just said. After everything he said, he still didn't come after me to tell me he didn't mean any of it and apologize. Jerk.