Chapter 19: I Like You

JONGIN'S POV

"EEK!!" Jae Mi squealed as she quickly grasped onto my arm, holding me back. I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance, "Yah, can you stop clinging onto me? You're making everything harder!" I harshly whispered under my breath.

She wrapped her arms tightly around mine, "B-but oppa, I was about to trip!! You want me to get hurt!??" 

I pulled my arm out of her grip, disgusted, "It's a night hike in the forest, what do you expect? Of course you will get hurt."

She didn't say anything but still grabbed onto the hem of my jacket. I heaved a deep sigh and stepped over the rocks, "Come on, let's get out of here, we're almost there."

"A-Ah!! Oppa!! Walk slower!!!!!!" Jae Mi whined as she tried catching up to my speed while stumbling over the small rocks. 

After a while, we finally arrived at the camping site; where we were supposed to gather after the night hike. My eyes naturally started to wonder around for that one particular person, that one person who always catches the centre of my attention...

..But she's not here... Nor her partner, Minwoo.

I started to feel a bit uneasy, almost all the groups arrived already.. Where are they..? My mind immediately got flooded by random thoughts.. What if they got lost..? What if she's injured? What if Minwoo..  hurt her..?

Wait, I need to calm myself. They are probably just a bit slow.. Besides, why would I be worrying about her, she has nothing to do with me.. 

I quickly shook my off my thoughts and drank from my water bottle. About 10 minutes later, almost every group arrived and everyone was scattered around, already setting up their tents.

Seolin's still not here.. 

"Oppa, let's set up our tents! It's getting cold!" Jae Mi reaches for the tent from her bag... Right, I should set up my tent, maybe that can get me distracted from Seolin. 

I reach for my bag and just then, I spot Minwoo walking out of the forest. I could feel my heart beat increasing from excitement, and I looked behind him...

No one. Not even Seolin's shadow.

My heart immediately shattered into pieces. 

I clenched my teeth and immediately made my way towards Minwoo, anxiety rushing through my body. Jae Mi became flustered and immediately followed behind, "O-oppa! Where are you going!!"

The moment when I was only a few meters away from him, I had a strong urge to punch his face. Lay punched him last time for Seolin, there's no reason for me to not do so.. But I can't rush things yet, I will let him suffer.. Slowly and painfully. I dug my nails deeply into my palms, and stood in front of him.

He turned around noticing me, "Oh! Jongin---"

Without even letting him continue, I shot my hand out and grabbed his collar, yanking him towards me. "Tell me, where.is.Seolin." I spat out every word short and clearly.

".....I-I don't know!! We were walking in the forest, b-but she just suddenly disappeared out of no where..! I think she got lost!" He looked nervous but the corner of his lips that was slightly twitching up gave it all out. 

This bastard.

I let him go, and before I could even punch him, my feet have already brought me towards the forest. Step by step, my speed increased faster and faster as I totally ignored Jae Mi who was calling for me. I wasn't tired at all, nor was I feeling cold in this freezing weather...