Chapter 21: Bitterness

I woke up to the rays of sunlight that were peeking through the tent, blinding my vision. As I felt completely exhausted, I lazily flipped to the other side and covered my eyes with my hands. I let out a big yawn and tried to fall back to sleep, but the more I tried, the more conscious I get.

Reality hit me when I felt the dry grass beneath my bare palms, I was completely awake then. I quickly scrambled up, a bit dizzy at first. So I did fall asleep after all, eh..?

I looked around my surroundings and immediately spot Jongin who's still drowned in his own sleep. His arms that were once around me are now lazily sprawled over the grass, he's sleeping in a rather awkward -and a bit too comfortable- position. As I looked at him more carefully, I noticed small cuts on his cheeks and hands, thanks to the bright natural sunlight. He looks tired as ever.. Maybe I shouldn't wake him up, yet.

There I go again.. What am I doing..? Am I caring for him? Where did my tough, cold, harsh image go? I thought last night, I just said that I'm not a pushover.. Although Jongin did not respond -possibly asleep-, I realized it myself. 

I'm acting like a pushover. Not just with anyone, but only with Jongin. I can't help it, I never knew I was that weak until I met him, Kim Jongin.

Or maybe it's not called being a pushover..? Is it like what Lay said last time..? Is it called..

Being in love..?

I quickly shook my head to myself.. No, it can't be. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe? No, I must be wrong. There's no way...

Wanting to clear out the weird thoughts spinning in my mind, I decided to get out of the tent for some fresh air. Quietly crawling out of the tent, I glanced up at the sky and heaved a huge sigh. I took a moment to look at my surroundings since I didn't have a chance to last night. 

I spot the little cliff where I fell off from, and the huge rock at the bottom which I assume that stopped me from rolling down the steep hill. I slowly fix my gaze on my injured ankle.. How am I supposed to go back with this ankle bothering me..?

Minwoo's image suddenly flashed through my mind, and I clenched my fists tightly. I can't believe he did that to me.. How dare he?.. Why? I could then feel the anger rising inside me as I found it hard to suppress. I brought my hand up to my chest and quickly gave it a few pats. Such an ignorant bastard. 

My breath hitched as I heard a rustle in the tent. I firmly pressed my lips together, is Jongin awake..? I took a deep breath before I slowly turned around, and my eyes ended up meeting with the dark brown orbs that I'm way too familiar with.

He poked his head outside the tent. His hair was a mess, and his dark circles were as obvious as ever. He stared at me with his drowsy eyes for a short second before tiredly rubbing them. He then hid his face back inside the tent without exchanging any words. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at the tent, did that really happen just now or was I imagining things? As I was still confused of what just happened, Jongin poked his head out once again making me flinch.

"Seolin..?" He croaked.

"..W-what?"

He looked around, "Where are we?"

He must be half asleep right now.. "We are in the forest." 

Silence engulfed us for the next few minutes, as Jongin tried to figure out what's going on. He blankly stared in front of him, after a few yawns and finally, "......Oh... Yeah, right.."

He then slowly crawled out of the tent, and threw me a glance before standing up. I immediately caught his glance which made my body become tense even if it was just a one second thing.