Chapter 20: Confusion

I like you... And I'm serious.....

I like you...

I like you..

As if my mind was on repeat mode, his words kept repeating over and over again, spinning in my mind, only those 3 words...

I was extremely confused, I don't know whether I should believe him or not, he doesn't sound like he's lying. But I still doubt him, I doubt myself. How am I supposed to respond to this? It's just him and me in this little tent, I can't run away. What do I do?

Does he think I will just immediately say 'I like you' back and start dating him? He doesn't even know me, he doesn't know all my stories, how could he just confess like that. Is he actually serious?

I could feel my cheeks burning hot and my throat strangely dry.. I tried to just ignore him and fall asleep, but his gaze that was boring through my back made it impossible for me. Frustrated, I abruptly turned around and faced him. His face was suddenly only a few inches from me and I drew in a sharp breath.

His eyes were so up close that I could even see my own reflection through his dark crystal orbs. I slowly sighed and closed my eyes, then opened it again. He's still there, his gaze not leaving me at all, and it's suffocating me. If he continues to stare at me like that, I think I'll loose it. I don't want to look so easy in front of him. Everything right now is just temporary, because at the end, everyone will leave. It will just be myself all over again.

I quickly turned around, my back facing him again. I don't want to respond to him, not now.

"Seo-"

I quickly cut him off, "Just... Just sleep already.. I'm tired too, you know?"

Thankfully, he didn't plan to continue, and he turned around. I heard him shift in his position for a while, but he finally stopped at the end, and everything turned quiet once again.

I couldn't sleep though, not after what just happened. 

-

It was somewhere during midnight, when I woke up, completely shivering. I could feel the cold breeze peeking inside the tent, and I was cold.. Extremely cold. I shouldn't be, but I am.

I realized that I was sleeping in an uncomfortable position, so I shifted a little. My shoulder slightly brushed against something warm and that's when I remembered that Jongin is still beside me. Because of the lack of light, I could only see the outline of his side profile, his sloped neck, and his chest that was rising and falling as he breathes. I was actually this close to him when I was sleeping..

Maybe it's because of his presence that made me wake up, maybe it's because I was already aware that he's beside me, so I woke up. It's true, I really can't sleep, not when he's here.

The memory of him confessing to me suddenly flashed through my mind, making me frown slightly. The thought of it makes me feel awkward, and I quickly got up. Just then, pain immediately shot up my back, making me wince. It must be the result from sleeping on the hard ground.

I ran a hand through my messy hair, and released a shaky sigh.. I took another glance at Jongin, he looks so peaceful when he's asleep, he doesn't look like the jerk I used to know at all... He looks so much younger when he doesn't have that frown printed on his face. 

Why? Why does he act like that? What is his personality? He acts like a cold guy, but then the next second he's like a jerk, and now he's all kind and sweet..? What? Why is he so hard to understand? It's frustrating! Is he hiding something from me, from everyone?