Chapter 24: One Week

"I can't let you go, Seolin."

I drew in a sharp breath, my muscles tensing up. Tons of things were going on in my head; like how should I respond, are we going to date, do I love him, should I avoid him.. All those thoughts, just spinning in my head, round and round. It was to the point where I found it hard to breathe, and I just didn't know what to do.

After a while of collecting all my thoughts, I took a deep breath and gently pushed myself away from Jongin; the warmth leaving me as well. I stood up and took a step back, keeping some distance between us. I then looked at him in the eyes, my gaze not wavering from his. He seemed a bit confused about my action, "...Seo-"

"One week." I ceased him off.

He stared at me, "..What?"

"You have one week."

"..For..?"

I sighed, "I'll give you one week for you to gain my trust."

He took a moment to take in everything I just said. After a few seconds, his lips slowly started to curl into a smirk, and that's when I started to regret on my decision. He stood up too and took a step closer towards me, his eyes twinkling with mischief, "So, you're dating me."

I rolled my eyes as I quickly took a step back, "I-idiot, only if I approve after one week..."

He took another step closer, "Oh, then I will make sure you approve."

I avoided his gaze and looked somewhere else, "...Jerk.." I muttered under my breath.

He laughed.

* * *

"I'm suspended from school for one week." Jongin uttered as he stepped out of the teacher's tent, proceeding towards me with light footsteps. I cocked an eyebrow at him, "Then why do you seem so happy?"

He managed to let out a small chuckle, "Because I don't need to go to school, idiot." He then reached out his hand to ruffle my hair, his smile wide as ever. I frowned at the contact even though my heart was about to explode on the inside. I awkwardly let out a fake cough and took a step back, "H-hey, don't get too ahead of yourself just because I'm giving you my trust for one week."

"But yeah we're dating right now."

"No, I didn't approve yet."

"Yet?"

His remark caught me at a loss of words. I looked dumbfounded for a second but I quickly covered it up by looking away, "I mean, I-"

"You're avoiding my gaze."

I let out a groan as I ran my fingers through my hair with frustration, and also embarrassment, "Ehm.. Anyways, h-how's Minwoo?"

Jongin slumped his shoulders at the mention of Minwoo's name, and slightly pouted his lips, "Ah him.. Well he's going to get treated at the hospital... Not a big deal though, I just broke his nose, that's all."

I gaped at him, "You.. You broke his nose? Not a big deal?! Don't you even feel slightly guilty?"

"His fault for angering me."

"You should visit him sometime, you're the one who broke his nose after all."

"Ok, then you come with me."

"I-what?" I was taken aback by his sudden request.

"Ok, it's all set then."

"W-wait, I didn't even-"

"Tomorrow 9AM! See you outside the dorms!" At that, he flashed me a smile and ran off. 

I stood there feeling lost. Um.. What just happened..?