Chapter 22: I Do Care

Due to my injured ankle, I could not participate in the activities for the afternoon. Instead, I could only sit on the bench at the side, and watch. It's pretty boring, but I'm kind of glad actually. After what have happened last night, I'm still kind of shocked, and I'm definitely not in the mood to do other activities. The fear of hurting myself, or disappearing off again is printed deeply inside my mind, who knows what will happen to me the next time.

I heaved a big sigh and rested my back against the bench table, I lift up my head and looked up at the blue sky, the clouds... It's something I like to do when I'm stressed, the sky calms me down a bit.

"Ya."

A voice suddenly broke my thoughts, I slightly scrunched up my nose and looked to my left side where the voice came from. 

It's Minwoo.

My eyebrows immediately met each other, and I could feel my heart beat slowly increasing in speed from my anger. I stared at him in disbelief, this jerk. What does he want now?

Out of nowhere, he sat down beside me as he grabs a water bottle at the same time. I quickly scooched away from him, him beside me just makes me feel disgusted, and I want to vomit. 

He opens up his cap and drank the water with a few gulps. I scoffed, "Don't you have an activity going on right now? What are you doing here? Planning to kill me this time?"

It was his turn to scoff this time, "Tch.. No. I'm just taking a small break. Plus, I'm not that harsh."

I glared at him and clenched my fists tightly.. After what he have done to me, he still has the guts to say that? I struggled to not scream, and I took a deep breath to calm myself down a bit. I have this huge urge to beat him up, but now now.. Not when the teachers and staffs are around.

"So, what do you want?" I asked as I put my attention on the group of students scattered around, playing scavenger hunt. Without me realizing, my gaze naturally landed on that specific male, Jongin.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Minwoo close his eyes, and opened them again...

"Sorry."

That came out of Minwoo.. He said that. 

His words caused me to tear my gaze away from Jongin, and I stared at him in horror. Wait, did this jerky bastard just.. Apologize?! Did he wake up from the other side of the bed today? Is the world upside down? Did he take some kind of magic pill? 

"Wh-wha..." I stumbled upon my words, my mind could not function right.

"I'm not repeating what I said." He uttered, and stood up from the bench.

I stayed quiet for a second, ".............Ya, do you think I will just forgive you from a simple sorry?"

He glared at me through the corner of his eyes, "Be thankful that I at least apologized. I never said that world in my whole life, for your information."

I cocked one of my eyebrows, "So what are you expecting from me now?"

"Nothing. I'm just saying.. Sorry."

And with that, he returned to the group, and continued his scavenger hunt. I was left dumbfounded, I'm still mad at him though. I don't get it, what's wrong with everyone these days. Is this some kind of prank they are all playing on me..?

MINWOO'S POV  -Flashback

I stared at the girl in front of me, her eyes wide open, and her face pale as ever. She was slightly trembling, she looked so scared. For a second, she looked so small compared to the usual her. It hurts to see her like this, but I can't do anything about it. Because the person she needs right now, isn't me...