Chapter 25: Small Confession

For this first time in my life, I felt good after waking up in the morning. For once, I didn't feel like I was hated by everyone. For once, I wasn't afraid to face the world. For once, I had a little urge to smile.

I got up from my bed and gave my back a good stretch while letting out a loud yawn at the same time.

I casually shifted my gaze towards the window and I froze. There he is, propping his chin in the palm of his right hand on the window pane. I gaped at him and my mouth hung open in awe, was he watching me this whole time? I shot him a glare and he only responded with a smug smile.

With a low groan, I walked towards the window and opened it, "what?" I said grumpily.

"Hey girlfriend." His lips stretched into a wide smile.

"I'm not your girlfriend."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Yeah ok, bye." I deadpanned.

I was about to close the window but then I was stopped by Jongin. "Hey, wait wait wait!"

I had a sudden urge to laugh but I bit my lips and held it in, "yes?" I tried to put on my best poker face.

 "Don't forget about our plan!" 

I decided to act dumb, "what plan?" I actually remembered our plan clearly.

Too bad Jongin didn't fall for it, "you know what I'm talking about."

-

As we stepped inside the patient's room, we immediately spotted Minwoo lying on the hospital bed. His eyes were closed and that was when we noticed that he's asleep. His right arm was wrapped securely by a cast, and he had a huge bandaid over his nose and on the corner of his lips. 

I knudged Jongin on the elbow and glared at him, "look at what you've done! You broke his arm!"

He immediately retorted, "I said I only broke his nose!"

"Doesn't look like it."

"Can't you put some trust in your boyfriend?"

"I told you, you're not my boy-"

"Can you two please shut up." That was another voice.

We both snapped our head around and met Minwoo's icy gaze. I rolled my eyes and pushed Jongin forward, earning a hiss from him, "what are you doing!?"

"Go apologize!" 

He thrusts his hands in his hair and groaned inwardly. Knowing that he's left with no choice, he slowly made his way towards Minwoo's bed while I waited by the door.

"Look, I'm sorry about last time, yeah." He uttered in a monotone, causing Minwoo to look at him weirdly. I closed my eyes hopelessly and shook my head, that's not how you're supposed to apologize dammit...

"What are you even dooing?" Minwoo glared at him. 

"I'm apologizing! Can't you tell?"

"That's an apology? Apology not accepted, bye."

"What?"

"That's an apology? Apology not accepted, bye."

"I didn't literally mean what!"

"Ok look, do you even know how to apologize?"

"Wow look at you, all energetic and everything. I don't think you need to stay in the hospital."

"Stop changing the subject you idiot!" Minwo hollered.

"Perhaps, you're pretending you're injured?" Jongin ignored him and went on.