Book II Mars and the Northern Star

Jenna and I grew up together, we were practically neighbors, her room is adjacent to mine and we sometimes even talk as if we're on the same house. Noong maliit nga kami akala ko siya at ako ang unang batang gumamit ng phones made out of tin cans, only to get disappointed na gumagamit din niyan si Corrine at mga kapatid niya. I made paper boats for us and played in the rain like nomad kids, swimming all the way in the mud. Pag naglalaro ng slipper game automatic kami ang magkakampi versus kids I don't even remember today. Pag nagtaguan we always need to hide together kasi alam niya ang secret hideouts ko and vice versa.

If you didn't get the picture yet, we are basically bestfriends. We were the First Gravity, no offense to Corrine but the author's mind is in no condition to make reasonable decision because of her somber state.

Since magkapit bahay nga kami at mag best friends din ang mga nanay namin, normally dapat naging mas malapit kami dapat sa isat-isa di ba? pero nung nag grade six ako, nag iba ang tingin ko kay Jenna. Nagka crush ako ng matinding matindi sa kanya. And since puberty stage nga, sabi nang teacher normal lang daw yun.  I did get over it somehow and became closer with Corrine kasi magkaklase kami. Why me and Corrine clicked? No idea, maybe she practiced wu shu with me, you know the chinese martial arts? She also played playstation and xbox, ride a bike and joined a coin game which is a common game among boys in our province. In exchange, Jenna and I became unreparable. We became each other's nemesis.

You know what I did? I pushed her away from me. Hindi ko siya papansinin sa school na parang never kaming nag kakakilala and she would call my name behind my back naively. And she would run home crying, wondering why. Kung nauso na ang kanta ni Charlie Puth noon na 'We don't talk anymore' she can probably relate. Pero si Avril Lavigne ang sikat noon.

Hindi lang yun I begin to bully her. I started to enjoy making her cry, lalo na nung high school ako. I was very-very mean to her, she will start to cry and go home and will tell my parents.

Minsan I would sneak behind her back and replace her baon with frogs, or lagyan ng basura ang malinis niyang notebooks and books. Hindi lang yun regular ang pang gugulat ko sa kanya on strategic places.

And until she is Jenna that I knew no more. She became aloof with people, she bearly smiled. She kept everything to herself. Her straight black hair always goes to her face. And we barely see each other anymore. But when we do I will ofcourse bully her some more.

The crying reduces and telling to my parents decreases. Until I begin to develop a higher for of bullying because I am not able to see anynore reactions from her.

Dumalang nang dumalang ang chances araw-araw na magkita kami sa school noon. Iniiwasan niya siguro ako.

Nagkaroon siya ng mga kaibigan, but those were the kind of kids that doesn't know what the word smile means.

One day, when I was trying to block her way teasing her by pulling her back pack that she bounced back. She pulled her hair into a lose bun, exposing her long silky neck, rolled up the sleeves of her uniform, showing her toned arms. I was so strucked with what I saw and my heart began to pump to the point of collapsing, creating a confusion over my head.
She held her skirt tight and expertly kick me in the shin.

"Dito na nag tatapos ang pang bubully mo. Naiintindihan mo?"

Bumagsak ako noon sa sahig at tulala pa din ng nagkagulo ang mga tao sa paligid na nag tatanong kung okay lang daw ba ako.

Mula noon, kahit pa magkatapat ang mga bintana namin, Jenna has drawn her blinds and heavy curtains. Her lights was barely on and you won't know if she still owns the room or transfered somewhere else. Hanggang sa magkikita lang kami tuwing may birthday, Christmas at mga mahahalagang occasions.