Book 3 Chapter 8

Jenna

Just about I set my foot on the school ground Romano's truck approached the school entrance. Is this another set up from the kids trying to trap their parents, like what Lindsey Lohan did on Parent trap? Whatever, it'll be one awkward basketball cheering squad. I can forsee it.

His truck is tinted so I don't know if he saw me. I just went into the gym and pretend he was not there. Malaki ang Gym kaya I'm sure it will take him time to find me, that is if he will going to look for me, he may not even know I'm there. Nag aambisyon lang ako. I will not going to push myself into him anymore.

Wait is that Dev, what is he doing here? Oh he is the coach. So passion talaga niya ang pag ba-basketball and seems like he's married to it.

He saw me and waived. Gave me a huge smile. Chit and Romano saw what he did, so instead of snobbing him for real I smiled and waived back. Both Chit and Romano's forehead creased eyebrows aligned. May pinag manahan nga tong si Chit.

Romano found his way and sat by my side and said:

"Wow, did you say you were a nun?"

At anu ang iniisip ng lalaking ito?

"Are you trying to insult me?"

Tiningnan ko siya ng masama. Masakit yun ha.

"Yes"

Wow staight forward.

"Why?"

"I don't want him staring at you."

I rolled my eyes and he licked his lips and found myself drooling.

"Why, are you babysitting me again?"

I said and realized I'm still staring at his lips.

"No I am jealous!"

Ah jealous lang pala his lips looked delicious.

"Go ahead then, what what did you said?"

But he instead grab my neck and kissed me hard! in front of whole PTA and other people watching. This is the first time I felt home since I came back. All hell break lose even satan's guts went off with our kiss. I literally didn't care while people around us whispering.

Romano

I am no longer in control! The longer I keep what I felt for Jenna, the harder it is to supress, piling up until it burst like water balloon. Her lips tasted like cotton candy and spices.

Her eyes still closed lips red from the heated event still chasing her breath away.

I faced away and tried to focused on our son's game.

"What was that for?"

Her eyes wide in disbelief.

"You still like me don't you?"

Her eyes big and questioning that made me want to kiss her again. I know I did stupid so I'll just have to cover it up.

"Answer me!" she demanded.

"I'm way past liking you Polaris."

I avoided her eyes and pretend to watch the game.

"Then why? why can't you just leave me be?"

Her tears falling Sister Celest came back as her defense mechanism.

"I don't like you because I love you Jenna and I tried hard to stay away from you but I can't."

Her eyes grew wider in shock, probably because of the truth and she don't know how to react.

"I love you too, so what are we gonna do about it?"

She asked shoulders hung nose red from crying.

"I am afraid to ask you to marry me again because I may not be able to survive your rejection the second time."

She laughed maniacally that made everyone around stare back at us.

"Chicken."

She stood up attempting to walk out but I stop her by holding her wrist.

"Polaris."

She tried to pull back her hands.

"Marry me." I said.

"Where's the ring?" She said.

"I donated it in the University chapel where we found Monty and Chit." This is really unexpected.

"I want to design my own gown, I want it in December and you need to buy me a ring right now. As in now!"

She demanded like a queen. And I am no way going to follow her demands. I have demands of my own too.

"No I want to marry you next month, you can go design your gown, but we will have to wait for Chit and Monty to help us choose the rings."

Laying out my own plans.

"No no hindi pwedeng next month! preparations will take longer than a month, the food, the invitation the venue. The game is almost over let's wait."

The exchange of conversations were smooth.

"I can make arrangement for all of it in less than a week." I insisted.

"Eh pano yung mga Corbes? do you think they can manage to come home next month?" Natigilan ako. Si Corrine walang problema pero si Joshua baka mahirapan akong kumbinsihin ang tupakin na yun.

"See, I wanted Ate Corrine to be my matron of honor and Riri my flower girl." I realized she haven't said yes but she wants it in December.

I dialed Joshua's number.

"Hi Josh its me Romano, can I please ask you a favor?"