Book 3 Chapter 5

(I will catch up for those missing weeks na hindi ako naka pag update, sorry sa mga nag aabang. I was just so busy.)

Jenna

Walang ipinag bago ang bahay namin, ang kwarto ko. My mother must have maintained the room I left six years ago. All the things I have in this room was collected by my nineteen years old self. At napansin ko ang isang teddy bear na naka suot ng Jersey shirt na may pangalang Benedectine Falcons. Wala sa sarili na kinuha at hinagkan ang stuffed bear. Alam ko din na ang naka sulat sa likod ng shirt ay numero 1 at ang apelidong Dela Llana.

I walked through my window at nabigla ako nang naiba na ang bahay sa kabila. They had it renovated. It is much bigger and more modern. It is now made into huge glass wall with no window, covered by heavy curtains. The walls were closer to her window she can even almost touch it by her hands. He is so near yet so far with his crystal walls.

Inayos niya ang kwarto. She planned on repainting it. Making it more womanly. She will live her life to the fullest and will love herself more than anyone. She had her window wide openned to let everyone know she's back.

"Jenna sweetheart, maybe you want to occupy the basement as your workshop."

My dad suggested habang kumakain kami ng hapunan.

"Good idea daddy, I wanted to start small, and I will going to rent somewhere near the business district to display my collection."

I know my dad's connections kaya kampante ako na maka kita ako ng mura kung hindi libreng mapag displayan ng gawa ko.

"Why not dun sa building ni Roman baby, it's one of the good location and certainly, hindi naman ikaw iba sa kanya he will let you occupy the space rent free."

Medyo bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko pagka dinig ko sa pangalan niya. Tama si dad he would let me occupy the space rent free.

"Let me call Dio so he could talk to his son."

Dio is Romano's Father.

Hindi ko maintinsihan kung bakit kailangan niyang lumabas ng dining room para kausapin si Tito Dio. Para bang may itinatago silang dalawa. Me and my Mom just looked at each other asking the same question.

"Dio has agreed hon, he held my mom's hands and squeezed it gently."

His smile is broader than the highway.

"Anu nanaman ang pinag usapan niyo ni Diosdado, Franklin?" My mother's jealous tone is undeniably stern.

He just smiled, brought mom's hand to his lips and kiss tha back of it.

"You'll see'soon love, you'll see." Saka ngumiti ng misteryuso.

"Naku! sa edad nating ito Frank!" My mom's disvelief tone, pero di niya mapagkailang kinilig. My parents are the perfect example of couples inlove. They were both attracted to each other kahit pa may mga edad na.

"Dad, you never told me how you and mom met."

My mother blushed and my dad chuckled.

He said that she met mother on Mama Dell's wedding, Tito Ali is his college buddy in Maritime Academy. Sabi ni dad, my mother never had a boyfriend her entire life that she is desperate to find Mr. Right that night. She was looking afar at hindi daw niya pinapansin si Dad.

"She was looking for sophistacated men and skipped past me."

My dad looked my mom as if they were on the that wedding.

"Hmp..Eh paanu ba naman naka denim jeans and jacket siya at naka t-shirt lang."

My dad chuckled.

"Oh tapos anung nangyari?" I asked probe for more.

"I asked her to dance, halos matanggal ang ulo niya sa kakailing."

Natawa ako.

"Pero.." My mom interupted

"The moment I caught his eyes. Hindi na natahimik itong puso ko. Kumabog ng husto as if magmamadaling makalabas at mapunta sa iyo."

She looked at my dad as if it's his fault she fell dor him.

"Aminin mo, I was the most good looking guy that night next to the groom."

Pagmamayabang ng dad ko.

"You were the handsomest guy that night."

My mother admitted in a blush.

"Ang cheesy nyo hahaha. So Dad how did you pursue Mom?"

"Oh he didn't." My Mom answered. Kumunot ang nuo ko.

"He did court you Lolo and Lola however. He brought dad things from all over the world, like guns, cigars, fishing rods and other stuff. He brought fine silks and perfumes to your Lola."

My father is one hell romantic guy!

"You did that Dad?" Tango lang ang sagot niya.

"So after a year, I brought your Lolo and Lola from my side to their house and did pamanhikan."

I laugh hard to that. "Ibig sabihin Mom didn't even had a chance to make a choice?"

"Exactly! I was very furious that time so I ran away." Sumimangot si Mom dahil naalala niya siguro ang nangyari.

"Did dad looked for you?"

"He did I was buying ticket on my way to Manila when he found me. He was wearing  baggy pants and loose shirt that made him look like a movie star."

Baggy pants and loose shirt, Really? So nineties.

Did you ran?" I asked

"I did but he caught me and brought me to a hotel and marry me forcefully..." In her dreamy eyes I saw amazent.

"Daddy napaka brute mo!"'I commented.

"Hmp I'm sure she is grateful I did that!" I saw mom swat dad on the head.

"Hooy! kapal mo, I was to meet my blind date kaya." My parents forgot I was there.

"Sino si Pen Stealer? Hon hanggang ngayon ba naman hindi mo pa rin na gets yung pangalan na yan?"

I think they're gonna argue again.

"What about him?" She asked and Dad rolled down in laughter.

"Dad, does Pen Stealer meant the John Doe for the 90's penpals?"

My dad's laughter grew louder.

"Exactly!"

Tumawa na rin si Mom.