Book 3 Chapter 10 Getting it right

Romano

Jenna and I we can't figure out how to really express our feelings each other, years and years of feuds and bad decision. We can't get comfortable with each other easily without messing it up. But what I'm trying to figure out still is to decipher what she feels and thinks, because I don't trust the answers I get when I ask her stuff. The other day she says she's okay with me inviting my staff, associates and colleagues, ofcourse she didn't talk to me the whole day, so clearly I should not take everything she said litterally, these subtle annoying things most women do can irritate me sometimes, you can't just ask a simple answer these days, simply saying the things they want or need, should go through a ceremony and tremendous amount of arguing. She is my poison and my antidote, She is killing me but I can no longer live without her. Is that even possible.

"Saan mo gustong kumain?"

I asked her hoping she chooses so I wouldn't need to guess what she would want.

"Kahit saan."

Damn!

Jenna

Romano brought us to a jewelry shop where the kids participated in choosing my engagement ring and the wedding bands. What I love about my children is that, they know me well, they consider what I would feel and think about everything.

The kids were invited to their grand parent's relegious org. Chit gets to dance while Monty will sing and play guitar, its a big event kaya may kasamang dinner. Hindi nila kailangang pumunta pero may pakiramdam ako na sumama sila so me and Romano can have each other.

"My friend owns a chinese restaurant in chinatown, would you like to try it?"

So kaibigan as in friend or ka ibigan?

"Is your friend a woman?"

Ewan ko ba, yan ang unang lumabas sa bibig ko, I don't want to get jealous.

"Polaris please I'm hungry."

I get caught off guard. I don't know why, but bigla naman akong naawa.

"Sege, but I don't like chinese, let's go eat all American steak and spaghetti please?"

His eyes went bright and he smiles. A genuine smile that I haven't seen since the time we got kicked out from the school library in high school.

Makes me wanna kiss him right at the moment. Pero pinigil ko ang sarili ko. I didn't have to, he pulled me closer and kissed me crazily. I can't believe I just moaned in public.

"What just happened?" Pagkatapos ng ilang minuto.

"Let's go?" At yun na ang pinaka sagot niya but still smiling. Nakaka hawa kaya napangiti na rin ako.

"Why are we stopping?"

Nag taka lang kasi ako bat kami huminto sa harap ng 7eleven. He walked out and brougjt some items. He got me strawberry lollipops and he got gatorade.

"Really?"

He laughed and kissed me again, ain't this a good life? I could just melt in his arms litterally.

The restaurant is one big space, dati itong bodega ng soft drinks and they somehow renovated it, and turn into something like an outdoorsy American barn bar. Gusto ko yung ambiance.

First time ko na kamain dito and I am starving. Kaya pagkaupo ay nag order kaagad ako.

"Ilang minuto ba ang preparation niyo?"

The waiter said in fifteen minutes. So I ordered a quick cook food kasi alam ko na gutom na din tong kasama ko.
Habang umu-order ako, nag ring ang cellphone niya. He didn't even bother to excuse himself. He smiled and I heard him getting serious and business like and then smiled and relax again and then shifted into baby talking. I guess he is talking with the Corbes. He handed me the phone and I heard a girl around eight talking in all american high pitched voice.

"Ahm so uncle Romie said I will be the flower girl, can I get to choose my wedding dress auntie Jen please?"

Napahagikgik ako, I need to correct her with the wedding dress thing but she's too cute so why bother.

"Honey you can choose whatever dress you like. When are you coming over?"

"Uhm well we're in our house here in the Philippines and we're having dinner at the balcony."

Sa tingin ko nasa building sila na pag-aari ng Corbes and Co.

"Oh okay, sweetheart would you mind handing the phone to your mother?"

"No problem here it goes."

"Jen? wow! I am excited, it's been hell for both of you but finally."

Hmm she knew us really well.

"Oo nga eh, uhm pupunta sana kami diyan bukas with the kids para maka pag bonding naman ang mga bata."

"Yes they needed to, we are sleeping over sa bahay nina mama bukas, so I guess we will be having a huge reunion alam mo na hehe."

Mapatawa na rin ako, I knew what it means, reunions and other occasions of our family are huge and loud. Typical pinoy parties.