Book II Chapter 4

"Polaris will you marry me?"

Nanlalamig ang kamay ko pero kasing laki ng nga ubas ang butil ng mga pawis ko. Nasa paanan kami ng ferries wheel hawak hawak ko ang singsing at pink na balloons.

Natulala siya and I'm dying of her suspended shocked reaction. Her eyes were are streaming. I produced a nervous laugh to contain the, well..my nervousness.

"Hahaha what now?" It's probably a minute or two and she hasn't speak yet.

"Romano, I.."

She sigh and wiped her tears away. Ngumiti siya pero yung ngiti niya ay mapait na parang may sugat siya somewhere in her body but she is concealing it.

"I can't marry you, not anymore I am engage with someone."

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at ikinuyom kasama ang singsing sa loob ng palad ko.

"Infact, tommorow I'll be headed back to the life I'm suppose to have. He just let me do the things I want kasi ito ang gusto ko."

She talked but her voice are trembling. I know she is lying, if this is just the things she will do to hurt me I will humbly accept, pero hindi ibig sabihin na susuko ako, until her wedding march, I still have a chance.

She kissed me on my forehead and then she walked away hurriedly. If she is to be married then why does she looked unhappy? Baka pinipilit siya ng fiance niya?

"Hey Jenna, atleast introduce me to this lucky guy!"

She's now couple meters away, so I asked loudly. Lumingon siya at naglakad ng pabaliktad. And there, I saw peace and quiete in her smile. But mine is shattered into million.

"Kilala mo na siya Roms, we always do."

Sino? nag isip ako ng malalim, sino ang pwedeng makakasalamuha ni Jenna? At nang napagtanto ko si Joseph, is it possible? siya lang naman ang kakilala ko na pwedeng mapalapit kay Jenna. Well Joe, you've got yourself a competion man, unlucky for you, you chose to compete with your mentor.

I stayed at the amusememt park for a little longer to clear my clouded head and to pick up the pieces of my stupid heart.

Pinuntahan ko si Jenna sa apartment niya pero wala siya doon. Pumasok ako sa kwarto and I found a letter on her bed. It's for me. She cared, atleast.

Dear your majesty emperador simangot,

That's how I call you, during the time na itinatago ko ang feelings ko sa iyo. I know you'll get to read this.

I am sorry sa mga nagawa ko sa iyo dati sa school. Mas malala ang pambubully na ginawa ko sa iyo. Don't worry about the bullying you did, I was thankful because it made me who I am. I became a better person with some guidance from above.

Roms kahit pa madalas tayong mag away dati at madalas nasasaktan ang isat-isa, but the happiest memories of my life was when I am with you. You're my first in everything and will be the last.

Our memories in Paris will be preserved in the special place in my head. Don't look for me Roms, look for someone that will make your life easier and happier. I'm not going back in Paris and I don't know if I ever will set foot in Panay again.

I will miss you Roms, you're my one and only best friend, despite your claims about Corrine. God willing we may see each other again, pero hindi ko alam kung dito sa earth or somewhere in the next life.

I love you Romantically, that's the reason I can't see you anymore. I already made a commitment and I will fulfill it. Paalam Romano, hanggang sa muli nating pagkikita.

Jenna

I carefully folded the letter in my side pocket and get myself out of the missery her apartment is emmitting. I don't know about you people, but real men cry. I wanted to climb at the peak of the Eiffel tower and shout Jenna's name.

She admits she loves me romantically, but why she needs to get away? and where will she go. But never mind I will look for her even if she goes to Timbuktu. She loved me, that's enough motivation. I love her too and I will take her whoever holds her freedom.