Natalia Lucifson

.

.

.

Natalia's P.O.V

Have you ever seen those movies where the girl with the lovely hair is flying down the highway, with the top down, blasting some toons, and ready for an adventure? Well, that's not me. Actually, dread, annoyance and boredom were currently creeping their way through my head, and unfortunately even the sun's warmth and the wind hitting my face, or any of those other serene cliches that exist couldn't stop this sinking feeling.

I just drove past the "Welcome to Mystic Falls" sign. Well, I had more so zoomed past it considering I was doing ninety in a forty. I can't say I was feeling great joy to be here, understandably so. You see, I haven't really been back to this place in a very long time and I definitely was not dying to be here.

Ha, thats kind of ironic since I am technically dead.

Sometimes the memories a certain place holds can make you wince, and Mystic Falls was that place for me. I don't remember everything about the town but I do remember every single detail of my horrid experience here. Well, not all horrid. My family, friends, the nature, it was all quite nice. The tempo of the kind of life it was. Those little details remain in my mind, memories that sadly cannot be forgotten, and there's a reason I'd rather they be.

One thing I remember very clearly, perhaps more so than most, was my first introduction to the Mikaelsons. I had been seven years old at the time.

Myself and all my siblings, except my two youngest ones, were born in what would later become known as Spain.

When we were there, our mother gave birth to my eldest brother Eregan, then Luen, followed by Aaron and myself who were twins, and lastly my sister Adrianna. It was quite a large family, and confusing at times. When I think about it now, I think of us as a very dysfunctional Brady Bunch. However, for obvious reasons, I'd never wish to be without them. They were my family after all.

Our father had been a farmer in England but he often traveled to distant lands. He was passing through my mothers village during one of his trips and decided to stay as he had fallen in love with her. He settled with her, started a family, and years later we all moved back to his homeland. My family stayed there for two years before leaving for the New World. Eventually, later on, my mother had two more children, a son who's name was Iado and a daughter who was named Kera.

We were fine on our own, but my thirst for life and all things new often got my curiosity fired up. Our village was a bore, a dead end with no adventure or ambition, and those were things I craved immensely.

Flashback (New World, Late 10th Century)

Adrianna and I were heading back home soon, but first we had a mission. We so brilliantly decided to introduce ourselves to one of the families in the village, we'd seen them around but had only lived here a year and never got the chance to speak with them, especially since I was quite timid.

As we were walking through the village, we spotted the hut, with a delicious aroma coming from the window and new faces surrounding it. When I got a good look, my seven year old heart thumped in excitement.

All the boys appeared to be perfect young gentleman, I could tell my sister thought the same from the small giggly smile she cracked. Then I saw someone else, a girl who was small and blonde and so very pretty.

We prepared to introduce ourselves and as we slowly went up all their eyes snapped to us. There were five boys total, an older man who I assumed is the father, the girl and an older replica of her whom must be the mother.

Right that minute, my throat felt as if it had dried up and my hands shook from being so nervous. Luckily, my sister was not shy. I think she'll always say what she needs to, when she needs to and I admire that.

"Hello! My name is Adrianna Lucifson and this is my sister Natalia Lucifson." She had a bright smile on her face, and a sweet voice, heartwarming to many.

I was happy she introduced me, it helped break my irrational nervousness and I continued with the introduction, "We never had the opportunity to say hello when our family first arrived and so we wanted to introduce ourselves." My tone was quiet and I wasn't able to maintain eye contact for long, I had always been shy, something I was at times scolded for.

The older woman, who's hair was in a long braid and who wore a burgundy colored dress, spoke to us with a kind smile, "Hello, I am Esther, this is my husband Mikael and our children Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, and our newest addition Henrik".

"It is a pleasure to meet you all! If you would allow it, would we be able to play with Rebekah around the village?" I asked timidly but with a smile, excited at the thought of making a new friend.

Present day

Unfortunately, that moment was the beginning of the end. Now, I know that may sound dramatic, but that's because the events that took place in Mystic Falls changed my life forever. Quite literally. However, it has been a very long time since then and many things have transpired. Recently, I received a call from my best friend, Niklaus Mikaelson. Or as I like to call him, Nik. He knew I was still alive and knew what I was, not so sure he knew where I was, but then again no one ever really knows where I am. He called to inform me that his siblings had been undaggered, in an act of retaliation that Elijah put in place. He stated that he would love if I pay a visit, probably to help gravitate the attention away from him, and because well let's face it, Klaus is a sadistic son of a bitch.

I pulled up to the address that Nik had texted me, an absolutely beautiful and enormous mansion, which wasn't a surprise. He always had a taste for the finer things in life. I got out of the car and walked quietly to the door. Of course, I then entered without knocking. I mean hey...no human, means no need to be invited in, which equals free access in my book.

I stepped inside, my heels making a click that echoed throughout the room every time I took a step. The house was stunning and well decorated, but as mentioned before, Nik always desired to possess the very best for himself. So it was no surprise. My eyes traveled around the interior, taking every detail in. It was clean and delicate. However, not a second later my attention was diverted when I heard a familiar voice.

"Niklaus, why is it that you decide to dagger me and then go about defacing the room with your hideous taste in decor?" I smirked at the statement. Rebekah. Oh how I've missed her.

I paused and quickly thought over what I was about to do. It was stupid. Which is precisely why I decided to do it. As I walk in, the sound of my heels makes all their heads snap up to look at me. I almost wanted to laugh at Nik, who looked somewhat relieved that there was someone here who could divert the attention away from him. Imbecile. His siblings now had something else to worry about other than his hissy fits that end in daggerings. I struck a slight pose, or as much as I could of one, and fixed the cuffs of my mini leather jacket.

"Oh my god..." Rebekah whispered.

I smirked while cocking a brow, "Missed me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you!

Like

Comment

Vote

And

Favorite